“Love this pizza by the slice”
Review of Wiseguy Pizza

Wiseguy Pizza
Ranked #153 of 3,228 Restaurants in Washington DC
Cuisines: Pizza
Dining options: After-hours
Dining options: After-hours
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Love this pizza by the slice”
Reviewed 2 July 2014

What a bit of heaven that I happened upon! I love pizza anyway and DC has not had a great selection of NY style pizza by the slice. This place hits it out of the ballpark! I have gone at lunch and in the late evening and it has always fit the bill. Highly recommend you try it!

Visited June 2014
1 Thank vwconvdc1195

Orange County, CA
“Delicious pizza and Mediterranean salad”
Reviewed 28 June 2014

Pizza and Mediterranean salad (lettuce, tomatoes, olives, feta, red onion) at Wiseguy are delicious. Thin-crust pizza ranges from the typical cheese and meat varieties to those a little more exotic (barbecue chicken, white pizza with ziti pasta on top, etc.). I had held off on trying the “grandma” pizza for awhile because the thicker crust pieces looked so small for the price. After trying it, it quickly became a favorite. The fresh basil flavor and touch of spicy red pepper were excellent. The line can get long at lunchtime, but it moves quickly and is worth the short wait. Honestly, I avoided going here in the evenings because it was a totally different experience than that of lunchtime. At lunch, there seemed to be a manager present who kept things moving quickly and professionally. In the evening, without the obvious presence of a manager, I had two interactions with the staff that I didn’t care for. On one occasion, I sat at the window counter in the early evening. Two young men were washing the windows outside. Considering there was not one other soul in the restaurant sitting at the window, the fact that they spent their time squatting down at my leg level, washing the window directly in front of me, and leering was disconcerting and uncomfortable. After another experience during which staff was busy being loud, cursing, and horsing around as I waited to order, I chose not to go at all in the evening. Lunch, however, was consistently pleasant. Suggestion for management: A bite sized sample of something I’ve never tried before as I wait to pay at the register would convince me to return more often to try different varieties.

Port Saint Lucie, Florida
“Pleasant surprise!”
Reviewed 21 June 2014

Pizza was delicious! Being from Brooklyn I grew up eating the best of the best; so it was really refreshing to find authentic NY style pizza so far from home. I especially love that they make their own mozzarella everyday. This was a short trip to DC, but my son and I enjoyed it so much, it took is back a second time. I will tell anyone traveling to the area to be sure and get in at least one meal here, you won't regret it!

Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Outstanding Pizza By the Slice or Whole Pie”
Reviewed 19 June 2014

There are 2 pizza places at 4th and Massachusetts Ave. One is Papa Johns, yucky to the max and right across the street is a little gem of a place. They make their own mozzarella, sell by the slice and the specialty slices are heavenly. They also have several salads that they serve with their delicious garlicky roll that melts in your mouth. This is on Massachusetts Ave just up from the station going towards Verizon center, and a much better choice than some of the chains just up the street.

“Great Pizza”
Reviewed 6 June 2014

One of the best NY Style Pizza we ever had. Crispy thin crust pizza with little sweet sauce.
Inside is small but cozy, they also carry NY Boylan Soda.

We will definitely be back.

• Visited May 2014