“Great Location - High Standard - Great Staff”

Hampton Inn Washington, D.C./White House
Ranked #28 of 141 Hotels in Washington DC
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 28 July 2013

Stayed here for a visit to Dc with grandson and it was excellent for our needs. Just 10 minutes from the National Mall/White House and offering modern (newly opened) high standard accommodation in a great location.
Room was spacious, quiet and very comfortable.
The staff went out of their way to ensure we were happy with everything and provided great information to help us with our visit. Joe on reception was particularly helpful and an outstanding representative of the Hampton Inn brand... but thanks to the whole team who make this hotel work very well.
Highly commend this hotel.

1  Thank petelincs
Write a ReviewReviews (1,727)

Reviewed 28 July 2013

During my recent visit to Washington, DC for the Delta Sigma Theta Sorority National Convention, I stayed at Hampton Inn/White House and was quite pleased with this choice. The front desk personnel is the best you will find. There was not one request that was not honored. They aim to please, and that they did. I travel frequently and stay in hotels along the way. This hotel is one of the best in the price range. Rooms are clean and comfortable. No refrig or microwave, but I really didn't miss these because the lobby area had it all, along with friendly folks to help. Will definitely stay at this location again.

1  Thank Ruth62143
Reviewed 27 July 2013 via mobile

I'm not sure I can add anything to what the others have already said. My five days there were great. There were of course a few issues, but to me it's how they deal with them that makes a great stay. When faced with a concern that I had apologies were plentiful and resolutions quick. I couldn't ask for more. I will definitely stay here again of the opportunity arises.

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank phraedus1
Reviewed 27 July 2013

My family and I just returned from a 6 day stay at Hampton Inn White House and had a wonderful stay. It is obvious its new as it was so modern, clean, best mattress I've had in a hotel in years, and overall wonderful. The front desk crew is amazing. We rarely made it by without someone greeting us by name. Very impressive! One block from metro! Great location! One inconvenience is the location is mainly business so many restaurants closed early. Therefore, we began eating dinner earlier and grabbing Icecream or cupcakes at local spots later in the evening. Not a complaint really but something to be aware of. Breakfast wasn't as varied as other Hampton inns. All but 1 morning lacked meat. Always had waffles, eggs, yogurt, cereal, and Pastries. Finally had bacon the day we left. So many amazing features and who can complain about FREE breakfast. Will stay again when I return to DC. Great hotel!

Megan-Oklahoma.

• Stayed: July 2013
4  Thank MegHenson
Reviewed 27 July 2013

Diane at the front desk is the best of the best. She goes above and beyond to make sure every guest has the best experience in DC. She's recommended several great tours as well as local restaurants in the area. I'll definitely stay here again!
-Stuart

1  Thank Stuart B
Reviewed 26 July 2013

For our first family trip to Washington DC, we found this conveniently located Hampton Inn to stay. It is a short walk to the White House, George Washington University, and transportation (Metro & local tours), and convenient to the Smithsonian and monuments. We were very pleased with our choice.

The staff was very friendly and helpful. The breakfast bar was continuously stocked, and there are now two waffle irons. The property is converted from another use, and they have made the most of the space. The room was clean and comfortable. We were surprised to find a pool (in lower level) - it's a bit small but a pool nonetheless.

We would definitely stay here again on a return visit to our nation's capital.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank tx4stamps
Reviewed 26 July 2013

Very friendly & professional staff, spacious clean rooms, beautiful lobby with a delicious breakfast served by a very amicable team. The Hampton Inn White House is 1 block from a Metro Station and walking distance from White House. This is an upscale Hampton Inn without outrageous pricing. My first day there I met an assistant manager Joe (or he should be), Joe was very attentive to my needs & personally took care of my request. He greeted me by my last name every time I entered the lobby. I'm willing to go back to stay when back in DC.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends