“nice hotel, great staff” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hampton Inn Washington, D.C./White House

Hampton Inn Washington, D.C./White House
Ranked #20 of 141 Hotels in Washington DC
GreenLeadersGold level
“nice hotel, great staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 October 2013

We stayed for one night (Saturday -- two of us visiting our son), can't beat the location, hotel recently upgraded, staff very nice and helpful (took time to get use information and directions), enjoyed stay!!

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (233)
  • Czech first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Hanover, Maryland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 October 2013

My husband and I stayed at this hotel as a treat for my birthday and to attend a 80s Costume Party in the city. I love the location because it was near some pretty good restaurants, the staff was extremely pleasant and helpful and the rooms were clean. The problems that I had with the hotel is that we had two beds. I booked my room a month ago and confirmed a late check in with a King Bed. They did not have any King rooms available when we arrived at 7:30pm and my special birthday weekend was spend in a Queen bed that felt more like a double with a view of a brick wall and someone's screen saver on the monitor in the office next door. Lastly, please make sure you check your receipt before you leave because 10% sales tax on a $30.00 parking tab is not $5.40! Not sure why kind of math they are using but I would say question all of the extra fees.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank CherishedGetaways
Hampton Inn M, Manager at Hampton Inn Washington, D.C./White House, responded to this review, 11 November 2013
Dear CherishedGetaways:
Thank you for sharing your feedback about your stay with us. We are proud to lead a team of strong, caring team members in a location that's hard to beat for the value. Please accept my apologies for not meeting your room preferences. If you visit DC again in the future, we hope you will consider staying with us again.
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 October 2013

This was a very nice hotel and was within walking distance to the White House, national mall, and other various monuments. It was also very close to a metro line for getting around by train.

The lobby was nice and the free breakfast was very good. The staff was very friendly.

The only downside was that our room was extremely small. In fact it was one of the smallest rooms I have ever stayed in. It also did not have a bathtub (only shower.) Also it faced two buildings looking out both windows so we had no view at all. If this is important you might want to ask for a street facing room.

Room Tip: Ask for a street facing room. If you would like a bathtub make sure you ask for it!
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Tim H
Dear Tim H:
Thank you for sharing your feedback about your stay at the Hampton Inn-DC/White House. We have a great location in Downtown DC, but as you stated some rooms are facing another building. We do our best to meet our guest's preferences, especially for bathtubs and they are available to reserve. I'm glad to hear our staff were friendly in their service, and we hope you'll consider giving us another opportunity to "WOW" in DC.
Daly City, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 October 2013

The hotel was wonderful and very clean. Everyone was very helpful with directions and ideas during our two week stay which began on 10/1 the day of the government close down. The location is perfect for walking to the sites (Georgetown, Kennedy Center, Capitol, most memorials) and if needed the metro is close by. The breakfast was fine and if you wanted a change of pace there were many options near by. Thank you for all the directions, suggestions, answering all our questions and always greeting us with a smile: Joe, Alex, Daphne, Jadranka, Kiara, Elisa and Maria!

Dear Sue and Dan B:
Thank you so much for this wonderful review of your stay with us! On behalf of our staff, your are absolutely welcome for the helpful directions and ideas for things to do. I'll be sure to praise everyone you mentioned for their outstanding service. It is our pleasure to serve you, and we look forward to your next visit!
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 October 2013

this place was a wonderful place to stay. I wanted to add another night but they were booked. First, the check in experience was great. The staff is pleasant and helpful. I needed the down bedding removed from my room and although it wasn't without bumps, their response and friendliness was terrific. The breakfast has many options from cereal, to eggs, to yogurt and waffles. Fresh fruit! The only reason I gave this hotel a four instead of five was because there was one employee in the breakfast area who probably should not be in the hospitality field. I accidentally spilled coffee (and really burned my hand in the process) When I reported it to the attendant (so that no one would slip) she gave me a horribly dirty look and walked away. It was really uncomfortable so I was scared to ask for some ice. Not the emotion I think they are going for with the free breakfast. I also noticed that as other guests reported issues she responded in a way that gave the impression we were interfering with her life. Seriously though that was the only kink in the whole stay. I would definitely recommend this hotel above any other I can think of in the DC area. Here are some great things about the place:
1. the location! a block and a half from the White House
2. the hotel staff for the most part have an infectious positive and helpful attitude.
3. very clean. And I really look well because I have issues.
4. easy to get to via public transportation.
5. they have a little privacy thing that covers the peephole for the room door (many might not care but what attention to detail I did not realize how important that is until the night before in a different hotel)
6. coffee is available in the guest rooms but also in the lobby all day.
7. and possibly the best FREE wifi!

Green Features: The hotel was very eco friendly, there were recycle bins available in the room and in the hallways. I was impressed.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Dear karaf874:
Thank you for sharing your thoughts on your stay with us. We look for every opportunity to improve our hotel and service for future guests. Please rest assured that we perform as one solid team, although one team member may not be at their best, we will use this as a learning opportunity for everyone. We are glad to hear that overall, you were extremely satisfied with your stay and we hope that visit us again!
South Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 October 2013

Nice hotel in convenient location. Staff is always friendly and beds comfortable. I have stayed in this hotel twice and I would definitely return again. My only complaint was the last room I stayed in had a low humm from the room next door, which appeared to be a mechanical room. This noise was disturbing.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business

1 Thank MaggieSullivan
Salt Lake City, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 October 2013

Easy walking access to many items. Comfortable room, clean, and friendly staff. Many great sights and eatery options. Quick and easy access to the D.C. Metro system. Breakfast freshness and options were a bit disappointing, but on par with Hampton menu.