“Great hotel with super friendly staff” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hampton Inn Washington, D.C./White House

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Hampton Inn Washington, D.C./White House
Ranked #20 of 140 Hotels in Washington DC
GreenLeadersGold level
PA
“Great hotel with super friendly staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 April 2014

Stayed here for 2 nights in April. Was very pleased. Great location...close to the White House and a Metro station. Updated, modern hotel. Free breakfast was a plus. The staff at this hotel is very pleasant especially the manager. I can't remember his name but he worked late afternoons/evenings on the weekend and went out of his way for everyone. Good sized rooms also. No views, but I wasn't in the room much. Would definitely stay here again.

1 Thank basketgala

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (236)
  • Czech first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Sunrise, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 April 2014

Been here for 2 stays,once in November 2013 , excellent location but our first room we got smelled of smoke(cigar smoke) we were moved, second room was good , not noisy at all, our second stay was not good at all , we were there for 3 nts only. Asked for early check in , they could not accommodate us, had to leave luggage & come back, room was in the back of hotel which I have read reviews about noise & yes we had noise @3:00 a.m. Some sort of loud music but that was not the worst of it , the next morning getting ready to spend the day out , we saw a bug crawling on the pillow case , we caught it in a cup , google bed bug & yes it was one , took it down to front desk , no one would confirm it was a bed bug but we were moved to another room, of course this took 1 1/2 hrs out of our day we had planned. Our new room A/C thermostat did not work . The only person at the hotel who aplogized was Joe the night manager, thank you Joe

• Stayed April 2014
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Hampton Inn M, General Manager at Hampton Inn Washington, D.C./White House, responded to this review, 17 April 2014
Dear Phyllis T. -

Thank you for taking the time to review your most recent stay experience at the Hampton Inn Washington, DC/White House. I am so sorry to hear that your expectations for accommodations were not met during this stay. We always strive to deliver both the highest quality accommodations and service.

A member of the hotel's management team will reach out to you by the end of this week to address your concerns. We are committed to making things right for each and every one of our guests and look forward to discussing your stay in further detail.

Warmest Regards,
Duluth, Mn
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 April 2014

This hotel was within walking distance to most of the museums, Ford's Theater and a variety of restaurants. Ask at the front desk for a list of restaurants close to the hotel. As I was traveling with my 10 yr. old granddaughter, the pool was important but it was a VERY small pool, OK for about 4-5 kids to play in but certainly not for adult swimming. There also was no refrigerator in the room but they brought one up when I asked where I could store snacks, left-over food etc. H street is pretty noisy, so I would ask for a room away from the street. The hotel was clean, staff was friendly, breakfast was decent. The price was awful, but about par for DC hotels in the Spring.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Milton Keynes
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 April 2014

This is an excellent hotel- everyone is very friendly and it is very close to the White House and just a little further to walk to the other places you want to see in Washington. It is a bit noisy outside in the mornings (but they do give you ear plugs) but we were so tired that we woke up and then went back to sleep. they now store your bags for free after you have checked out. I would stay here again.

Room Tip: Not sure about this we stayed on the 6th floor
1 Thank PaulineMiltonKeynes
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 April 2014

I picked this hotel because it was centrally located. It was great being able to walk to so many places I needed to go while in DC. Staff was extremely helpful and friendly. Room was very clean. Would definitely stay here again while in DC.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Middletown, DE
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 April 2014

It appears that this hotel has been recently renovated. The lobby was nice, all the workers I interfaced with were very friendly and efficient. They do have valley parking (with the garage on another street, so give yourself a few extra minutes if you are on a schedule to get your car). I stayed on the 5th floor, in a room with a king bed. The room was not large, but had everything I needed. As I entered the room, the bathroom was on the left, then the closet, then the actual room (there was about a 20 ft hallway I walked down to get to the actual room). I was pretty happy that the room was situated off of the hallway, as I am a light sleeper and thought that would keep the noise from the hallway down. The bathroom was not large, but adequate -- came with a shower, no tub. Bed was very comfortable, good linens. There was a desk with chair to do work. There was a flat screen tv on top of the dresser. There were end tables on either side of the bed, but no other seating area in the room. The bedroom area wasn't much wider than the bed. If you were staying for several days, you might feel a little cramped. I mentioned a little earlier in my review that I am a light sleeper. So, I was disappointed to see a package of earplugs on the nightstand next to the bed. On the other hand, I was glad they were there because I definitely needed to use them. There was a bit of delivery truck traffic, and the occassional siren that pretty much left me with a restless night. A continental breakfast is provided in the morning. Typical selections you see with free breakfasts, but I will say that I thought the scrambled eggs were very fresh and cooked well, and was surprised to see fresh papaya among the fruit choices. There were recycling bins in the hallway near the elevators. Name brand toiletries provided, and a note that if you forgot something, it would be provided by front desk free of charge. If not for the noise, I would have rated this hotel 5 stars.

Room Tip: If you are a light sleeper, ask for a quite room (I did, but not get one -- not sure if that is beca...
Green Features: they had recycle bins located in the hallway. You had to put your own recyclables in the bin, but was happy to see them there.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank MyTravels033
Pa., United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 April 2014

We came to theD.C. Hilton Hampton to see the National Mall, cherry blossoms and your beautiful city. We loved the zoo and Bao Bao, the food was fantastic at McCormick &Schmick's and even in the rain we were able to walk the entire National Mall and visit all the different museums we wanted to see. Your staff was very resourceful with directions and reccomendations. We will be back!

Review collected in partnership with Hampton