“First rate venue”

Hampton Inn Washington, D.C./White House
Ranked #28 of 141 Hotels in Washington DC
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 28 April 2014

The staff was A-One at every level, often offering assistance before we asked for it. Complimentary breakfast was kept fresh and full by folks with smiles on the faces. Downtown location a big plus with easy access to a great Metro system.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
1  Thank Carol K
There are newer reviews for Hampton Inn Washington, D.C./White House

Reviewed 24 April 2014

Very close to the White House, so ideally located for visiting DC.
Very friendly staff, but on the short side so cannot offer much services.
Basic breakfast, but in a nicely decorated set up. The reception floor is well arranged, full of light and rather pleasant. Not so for the room, small, overlooking a parking, and very noisy (ear plugs provided though). There are better choices in the area, for just a few extra bucks.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Skuatakin
Reviewed 24 April 2014

great location for our fast and furious 5-nite tour of washington, d.c. wonderful proximity to metro stations and white house. staff outstanding. a small glitch with housekeeping, but staff members joe and rachael settled everything swiftly. free breakfast was more than continental, and breakfast staff was very pleasant.

Reviewed 23 April 2014

The hot breakfast was very good! I will be staying here in the future. The staff is extremely polite and sweet. The room was perfect size and the bathroom was extra big! Love love loved it!!

Special thanks goes out to Portia and Lakia at the front desk!!!

Room Tip: King is very big
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 April 2014

A couple of our friends traveled with us on a road trip to DC for the Cherry Blossom Festival and we chose Hampton Inn/White House due to the location being so near the White House. We were pleased overal with our accommodations and the proximity to tour stops and attractions. The hotel staff were all very courteous and helpful. Joe and Portia answered all our questions and helped with directions. Our room was very comfortable, but the room our friends were assigned was very small with no refrigerator nor was there adequate room for their luggage.

The view from our room was unfortunately of the garage and a dumpster! Joe explained that the hotel was developed from an existing building and the neighboring buildings were already there at the time.

Breakfast was great and well presented with lots of choices. Although the seating area was small, there seemed to be adequate space for guests.

I must specifically compliment the valet, I believe his name was Solomon. He was most attentive and courteous each time we met.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Dagsmimi
Reviewed 22 April 2014

My family, parents and I went to this hotel for 7 nights for Spring Break. I booked it originally because it included breakfast and offered a pool for my kids. I had called several times prior to arriving and talked to Joe. Joe answered all of my questions and concerns about the trip. We were traveling with my father who is a Veteran that requires some assistance so I wanted everything to go smoothly. When we stayed we enjoyed a great variety of breakfast items and enjoyed talking with Angela who seems to service that area. Dave who is charge of maintenance did a great job helping me with my fathers wheelchair and offering some knowledge on where to eat and who would deliver! My favorite story from the trip was regarding my daughter having a loose tooth. My daughter was very worried that the toothfairy did not visit hotels. My daughter and I walked down to the lobby desk which was attended by Portia and Lakia. My daughter asked them about the tooth fairy and the ladies went on and on to my daughter about how they give the tooth fairy room keys and she never misses picking up a tooth. The next morning I ran into Joe to gove the ladies a compliment and to my surprise he already knew the story. Portia and Lakia not only told my daughter all about the tooth fairy but also emailed the other staff so they would all be on the same page! I could go on and on about the outstanding staff at the hotel!
The hotel itself is located very close to the White House. The area itself does close down fairly early so we would make sure we would make our CVS runs in the morning! It is located close to the Metro so you can hop on that and go everywhere! Overall my entire family loved staying there and my Dad is not easy to please!

4  Thank RCM5946
Reviewed 22 April 2014

We stayed here for a few nights and totally loved it. The property is very new, rooms are very nice, clean, and most importantly, very very quiet. A special Thank You to the staff at the front desk and the valets, who made our stay particularly enjoyable. We had some requests that they were quick to accommodate, and there were no issues. One thing perhaps, compared to other hotels: there is no refrigerator or microwave oven in the room (at least not in a 1-King room). Location is fantastic, literally 3 minutes walk to the White House, breakfast is very good too.

Great stay, would come back any time.

Room Tip: We asked for a room away from the elevator and on highest possible floor, which was honored. Really...
3  Thank MN_Global