“Excellent place to stay downtown”

Hampton Inn Washington, D.C./White House
Ranked #29 of 142 Hotels in Washington DC
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 7 August 2014

Wee stayed here in March. The hotel is nicely situated near the White House and is in easy walking distance to most major sites. The hotel is nicely renovated and the staff is very accommodating: friendly, good restaurant tips etc. Compared to other hotels similarly located, this hotel is a bargain for the price!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank BP12568978

Reviewed 6 August 2014

I had to stay in this hotel for a month off and on for various trainings and it was SUPERB!! the staff went above and beyond and before long addressed me by name which made me feel super special! Great accommodations, clean rooms, best staff ever!!! BEst Breakfasts and selections! Everything is within walking distance...even the White House!!!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Karsha M
Reviewed 5 August 2014

The location is perfect. You are in the middle of everything. Great restaurants in walking distance and the staff was wonderful; not to mention the White House was a 2 minute walk.

It does have a pool, but don't expect much as it's very, very small. My kids enjoyed it, but not really anything special.

The breakfast was perfect. I'm not a big breakfast eater, but just the right stuff to get my morning started.

There is a Starbuck right next door!

I've stayed at many Hampton Inns and this by far is the best I've ever been in. Its not your typical Hampton Inn.

Room Tip: When booking your room you want to ask for a street view or high floor, or you will be looking at th...
1  Thank leztark
Reviewed 5 August 2014

First, let me start off by stating the positives - the staff is incredibly friendly, the location is ideal, and the hotel is well-maintained. The building itself is beautiful. It meets the standards of what you would expect from the Hilton family of hotels. However, I was less than impressed with the room size (yes, I know it was D.C., but this room was about the size of my walk-in closet). It was very tight for my husband, me and our luggage (only two bags). We were in town for a wedding and out most of the day on a Saturday. We left the room around 8:30 am and came back approximately 4:00 pm. When we returned, our room had not yet been cleaned. We called down to the front desk, and they immediately sent someone to rectify the situation; however, I just found that very odd. Overall, the stay was average for me. Would I stay there again? Yes. However, with so many other options within walking distance, I will do some exploring before I commit to this hotel on my next visit to the D.C. area.

Stayed: July 2014
4  Thank FefeFrasier
Reviewed 4 August 2014

Very Clean and spacious accommodation - well furnished. Had a room facing H St NW - so there was some noise to be dealt with. Facilities were good. Breakfast provided was adequate. Very close to white house and mall. Also close to metro making it unnecessary to rent a car. A satisfying experience overall.

2  Thank Satyanarayana K
Reviewed 3 August 2014

I would like to begin by thanking Joe who assisted me at check in. He could not have been more helpful. This Hampton Inn is lovely. The rooms are beautifully appointed and have comfortable beds. The only negative point is that the hotel is situated close to other buildings, but there are privacy and room darkening shades on the window. Realistically, you are staying in a city.
Breakfast was excellent and ice water, coffee, and tea were always available in the lobby. The hotel is located close to the White House and Mall. There is a small lap pool located in the lower lobby. It was fine for cooling off after a long day of touring. I had not been to DC for many years and was very pleased that we stayed at this hotel.

Room Tip: Rooms higher up on H street were a little larger.
2  Thank beachbum46292
Reviewed 31 July 2014

we arrived early on Friday. staff kept our luggage in a secure place til we could check in .Rooms were spacious and very clean. The complimentary breakfast was the best I've ever had. Hotel staff went out of their way to ensure our stay was enjoyable.

2  Thank Dale G