“Convenient Asian-type Food for Work Lunch”
Review of Rice Bar

Rice Bar
Ranked #922 of 3,240 Restaurants in Washington DC
Washington DC, District of Columbia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Convenient Asian-type Food for Work Lunch”
Reviewed 30 October 2013 credit card Amex Cardmember Review

Bibimbap fast food style. I enjoy the possibility of having Korean food at this location, but their food is pretty salty and they can be stingy with the protein depends on who is assembling your food. The taste tho, other than the over-salting, tastes good.

Visited October 2013

Vancouver, Canada
“Healthy options if you choose right”
Reviewed 18 September 2013

Good variety of healthy toppings with good flavours make for a decent, different lunch spot. I was looking for a simple lunch and came away feeling happy I'd chosen Rice Bar.

Visited September 2013
Richmond, Virginia
“Disappointing”
Reviewed 22 June 2012

The fact that I even have to write this bad review frustrates me. I'm vegetarian and I was super excited to try pretty much everything on the menu when I walked in. I literally couldn't wait to try the "best vegetarian in D.C.".

Upon entering the cafe, every item looked delicious and I was ready to go. Unfortunately, the woman at the counter was dull-faced and seemed annoyed to see me. Granted, I came in about 45 minutes to closing time. No matter, because the food would be worth it...Right? Right??

What I ordered:

A soy milk peanut butter shake
Turkey Club (on toasted whole wheat)
Temptation

The soy milkshake was bland. The turkey club was mushy, bland, had no seasoning or style whatsoever, didn't come with chips and a pickle, and basically could not be called a club sandwich. It was fake meat and cheese slices with a piece of limp lettuce, Food Lion tasting tomato and cucumber, slapped on two pieces of stale tasting bread and cut in half.

The "Temptation"? The same sandwich. Except with avocado and tempeh instead of fake tofurkey slices.

Never been more disappointed in my life!! I have enough trouble finding good vegetarian and vegan joints when I travel...Kicking myself for not trying some truly decent veg. I wish I had saved my money and checked out Soul Vegetarian's Exodus (my original destination) or Sunflower instead.

• Visited June 2012
“LOVE the food. It is consistently...”
Reviewed 7 September 2010

LOVE the food. It is consistently good.

The owner is always nice!

I eat here about once per week and enjoy the hot food options.

Prepare to wait... Service is slow, even when the place is not busy.

1 Thank lalalanddc
“Healthy, veggie fast food for those on the go. Try the bolgooki.”
Reviewed 24 June 2010

Healthy, veggie fast food for those on the go. Try the bolgooki.

1 Thank OliverinDC