“A classic washington grill”
Review of Old Ebbitt Grill

Old Ebbitt Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
Old Ebbitt Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #17 of 3,383 Restaurants in Washington DC
Price range: US$10 - US$40
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Bar Scene, Business meetings
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighbourhood: Downtown / Chinatown
Cross street: 15th between F and G
Transit: Metro: Red Line to Metro Center, Orange/Blue to McPherson Square
Description: Established in 1856, the Old Ebbitt Grill was a favorite of Presidents Grant, Cleveland, Harding, and Theodore Roosevelt. The restaurant's decor is comprised of a Beaux-Arts facade, mahogany and velvet booths, and bars set in marble, brass, and beveled glass. Old Ebbitt serves a diverse selection of food including steaks, seafood, pasta, sandwiches, and also features an Oyster Bar with oysters form both coasts. Open early for breakfast and weekend brunch, and serving lunch, dinner and a late-night menu. Private and semi-private dining rooms including a rooftop overlooking the monuments and The White House.
Reviewed 8 July 2014

We came across the old Ebbitt on our first night in Washington and loved it, food great, wine great, location great and staff great all in all we would recommend it

Write a ReviewReviews (10,113)

Reviewed 7 July 2014

Near the White House and the W Hotel. A great variety of options from burgers to lobster. Crab cakes are exceptional!

Reviewed 7 July 2014

All the locals at my office were telling me I had to go check out happy hour at Old Ebbitt Grill. I was staying at the Capital Hilton so I was only a short walk away. I took my wife and daughter to the early happy hour. The wife and I split the Orca platter and my daughter ate from the kid's menu. If you love raw seafood this is the place for you, and I highly recommend only going during happy if your going to eat the raw seafood, price are all 50% off.

Reviewed 7 July 2014

Went here on a recommendation for brunch. I guess the menu changed since our friends went because it didn't have ANYTHING on there that they suggested. In fact, the brunch menu wasn't that brunch-like. Wanted to eat breakfast food since it was 9 AM... makes sense, right? Well I asked the waitress VERY nicely if they could make eggs Benedict and she laughed and said of course. The table next to us left because of the menu, and the waitress said Oh they probably left because they wanted breakfast. Atmosphere was nice, rich in history and a cool place to say you went. Now that we went. We probably wont be back.

Reviewed 7 July 2014

Food and service were superb! Some of the best crab cakes that I've ever tasted! Cozy and comfortable atmosphere, will for sure return if ever back in D.C.