“Great food, uneven service”

Bombay Club Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Bombay Club Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #96 of 3,259 Restaurants in Washington DC
Neighbourhood: Dupont Circle
Cross street: Between H & I Streets
Transit: Farragut West & Farragut North Metro Lines
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Great food, uneven service”
Reviewed 23 June 2014

Took colleagues out for a farewell lunch,. The food was delicious as always but took forever to arrive and the service was uneven which was an unwelcome surprise. The waiter forgot my ice tea and a request to have the naan before the rest of the food (since by then we had waited for a long time) was rebuffed by the waiter. Since the weather was beautiful we chose to be seated outside but felt that the outdoor area could be made a bit more elegant to match the interior. The Club Thali is a delightful assortment, however, and the garlic and truffle naan not to be missed. Since it's in the neighborhood, am sure to return but hope for more considered service because it is one of my favorite restaurants in DC.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank JWUSA

• Korean first
cutchogue, new york
“Top Indian Restaurant in DC”
Reviewed 20 June 2014

Whule visiting Washington, DC recently, we chose this restaurant because we love Indian cuisine. Up to now, we believed that the best Indian food (outside of India) was to be found in London, England - where we had many happy dining experiences.

However, this restaurant ranks very high indeed in our estimation!! The ambiance is great -- seating is not crowded, setting is club like, staff was extremely attentive and knowledgeable -- and the food..... lovely, beautifully presented with interesting touches. The wine list was also great and the somalier recommended a very interesting wine - so good, we had two bottles the four of us!!! A lovely evening all told.

Reservations recommended since this is DC downtown

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank newsuffolk
NC
“Adore”
Reviewed 17 June 2014

I've eaten here several times and the service, food quality and ambiance cannot be beat. Not a good place for children - ideal for a business lunch or date. Elegant. I always have the chat and lamb rogan josh. Can't be beat. One of the best places in DC to eat.

• Visited May 2014
Bangor, Maine
“Quiet, elegant, delicious”
Reviewed 17 June 2014

My teenaged son picked Bombay Club for his 18th birthday dinner, as we had been there in October and loved it. We were not disappointed. It was husband's first trip there, and he ordered the thali, a selection or sampler of a number of different dishes. My son and I had the lamb rogan josh and the tandoori chicken. We love Indian food and this is one of the best! Spicy, tender meats and fresh naan make this a fabulous choice. The elegant interior and the pianist make this a special treat. Highly recommended.

• Visited June 2014
Germantown, Maryland
“Difficult for my American friends”
Reviewed 5 June 2014

Went for a Sunday brunch. Have been to many Indian restaurants in this area. Quite frankly, nothing on the buffet was to our taste. Many Indian families were there and seemed to be enjoying it. This cannot compare to any other Indian restaurant I've visited. Service is excellent. My Indian friends have raved about this place but it was clear my American friends didn't like it.

• Visited March 2014