“Good Family Dinner or Mafia Business Lunch”
Review of Bertucci's

Bertucci's
Ranked #792 of 3,236 Restaurants in Washington DC
Price range: US$10 - US$20
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Dining options: Reservations
Neighbourhood: Dupont Circle
Atlanta, Georgia
“Good Family Dinner or Mafia Business Lunch”
Reviewed 11 April 2014

it's just like that scene out of the Godfather where Michael grabs the hidden piece that was strapped to the back of the old fashioned commode. Really? NO, not really but it is a good atmosphere in a great location and has good pizza, so what's not to like? Mange.

Visited May 2013

Portsmouth, United Kingdom
“Bertucci's BO! - does this stand for Badly Organised !!! / Blooming 'Orrible”
Reviewed 23 March 2014

Attempted to eat here on our last night in Washington DC after a fantastic day at Mount Vernon (please see separate review).

Waited for what seemed a while to get seated in a half empty restaurant (should have recognised that first sign!)
Finally got seated and given menus then nothing(there's that second sign!).
Waitress came to take our drink order. There are two of us at the table. My other half ordered both drinks - one beer and one coke. The waitress then turned to me and asked what I wanted to drink (there's the third strike and at that point we should have left)!!
She then asked would you like a starter? Simple enough question from an obvious simple person. Yes please I said, one small salad to share should be good, was the reply. She then took my order for my main meal and went to leave before being told what the other main meal was, at that point she said"oh I thought that was all you wanted".Even though she had specifically been told that the salad was a starter!
I got my coke but no beer arrived.
The warm rolls came with dipping oil - very nice.
She then came back and said they had to change the keg. No problem
Then I see the beer being taken to every single table before coming go me but it's finally there and it tastes good.
The starter then arrives ----with my main meal.... so now we have a starter and only one main meal but my meal is cold, that's because it too was offered to every diner but me..... And to add insult to injury we don't at this stage even have any cutlery....

Enough is enough I send back my meal saying I don't want anything but the bill.
The manager in the red coat talks to the waitress in the kitchen, looks over at the table, then we wait so long to get the bill I nearly left without even paying for the drinks!

What a fiasco.

I wish I had read the reviews before putting myself through this but please do not go here under any circumstances.

As we were leaving a party of about 20 came in together.... I wouldn't mind reading their review!

• Visited March 2014
Rehoboth, Massachusetts
“Where to start Slow service, didnt get our pizza right no plates no straws”
Reviewed 19 March 2014

I really don't know where to start probably the worst restaurant I ever ate at. After we got seated it took for ever for the server to come over, we ordered drinks and had to wait longer to get straws, then they bring bread and no plates no big deal, then the appetizer comes out and we have to ask for plates. We put our order in for a pizza and ask for half of the pizza to only have 3 toppings, pizza comes out wrong they re do it and serve it on the dirty plates from the appetizer, and the kicker was the place was dead there was 2 other tables in there Horrible horrible service!

• Visited March 2014
Miami, Florida
“Worse food I have ever had!”
Reviewed 21 February 2014

My family and I went to Bertucci's bc we had just gotten to DC and were not familiar with the area. It was Valentine's Day and all places were full so we decided to eat here. I will start by saying our server was clueless about the menu and about food all together. I asked for balsamic vinegar and he brought me balsamic salad dressing, that was the start....As an appetizer we ordered a pizza which had ham in two of the slices, sausage on two others, two of them plain (at our request but our server "wasn't sure" they could do that??) and two with chicken. How can you NOT make two slices out of a variety pizza plain??? I ordered the shrimp and squash risotto which looked really nice in the picture, but when I got the dish it was like a rice soup! so salty I could not eat it. Ate the 5 little shrimp that were in there. The minestrone soup that came with my dish was right out of a can and not even heated properly bc you could taste the can flavor in the veggies. My husband ordered the gratinati which was supposed to be pasta with chicken in a red sauce and that it was - really saucy but only 2 thin pieces of chicken in the dish. The desert was a chocolate chip cookie which we had to send back to get heated! We did order a bottle of wine and our server got that right, at least. I don't recommend this place not even if you are starving! Walk a little further and you will find plenty of other choices (Friday's across the street I'm sure is better). Waste of money!

• Visited February 2014
Colorado Springs, CO
“Decent Food if You Have a While”
Reviewed 24 January 2014

I have been to this location a few times. I have found the food to be generally good and at reasonable prices for this area. They have a decent pizza with some interesting specialty pizzas. The pizza sizes are quite large. We like the "Sporkie". Their salads are also well done and always have been fresh. The restaurant has always been clean and I have never had trouble getting a table. However the service has been consistently poor in my opinion. As a whole, service in DC seems poor, but this restaurant seems a bit worse than the average. My last couple of visits it was difficult to flag down wait staff. I recommend against getting the "bottomless" salad and soup. It is an excellent value, except that it is hard to find someone to bring your subsequent bowls! Overall this would be a much better locale if they would pay a little more attention to service.

• Visited January 2014