“Bertucci's Pennsylvania Avenue DC”
Review of Bertucci's

Bertucci's
Ranked #560 of 3,337 Restaurants in Washington DC
Price range: US$10 - US$20
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Dining options: Reservations
Neighbourhood: Dupont Circle
Reviewed 15 May 2014

The restaurant is easy to find just a couple of blocks from the Foggy Bottom metro station. It has two levels with the bar above. I came for lunch. I had mind to have a pizza but ended up trying the Jambalaya Fettucine. I had ice tea. The lunch comes with unlimited salad and rolls. The salad is outstanding, the rolls are fabulous!!!!! i suspect I may just go next time for salad and rolls. The jambalaya came in a reasonable time and looked like the picture in the menu. It was good, but was missing something that kept it from be outstanding. OK but not great. Not a meal I will be ordering again and for 15.99 it was a good quantity not too expensive, just not something that leaves you wanting more. The pizzas have always been great, I will stick to those. The service was excellent. The atmosphere was pleasing and it was not too loud for normal conversation. I will go again but for something different next time.

Reviewed 5 May 2014 via mobile

Wow...it was so bad I had to warn other people, especially GW parents - Go somewhere else! We traveled a long distance to see our daughter and were familiar with bertuccis restaurants. The service at this location was exceptionally slow. They ran out of rolls (?) and brought them to our table as we were finishing our pizza. We had no napkins, silverware or water and because the service was so bad, we couldn't even ask someone for anything. They forgot our salad and the cleaning crew began cleaning the building! They were so loud with their trash push carts and yelling to fellow cleaning crew members that we had difficulty having a conversation! It was just so, so bad!! Don't even bother!

Reviewed 11 April 2014

it's just like that scene out of the Godfather where Michael grabs the hidden piece that was strapped to the back of the old fashioned commode. Really? NO, not really but it is a good atmosphere in a great location and has good pizza, so what's not to like? Mange.

Reviewed 23 March 2014

Attempted to eat here on our last night in Washington DC after a fantastic day at Mount Vernon (please see separate review).

Waited for what seemed a while to get seated in a half empty restaurant (should have recognised that first sign!)
Finally got seated and given menus then nothing(there's that second sign!).
Waitress came to take our drink order. There are two of us at the table. My other half ordered both drinks - one beer and one coke. The waitress then turned to me and asked what I wanted to drink (there's the third strike and at that point we should have left)!!
She then asked would you like a starter? Simple enough question from an obvious simple person. Yes please I said, one small salad to share should be good, was the reply. She then took my order for my main meal and went to leave before being told what the other main meal was, at that point she said"oh I thought that was all you wanted".Even though she had specifically been told that the salad was a starter!
I got my coke but no beer arrived.
The warm rolls came with dipping oil - very nice.
She then came back and said they had to change the keg. No problem
Then I see the beer being taken to every single table before coming go me but it's finally there and it tastes good.
The starter then arrives ----with my main meal.... so now we have a starter and only one main meal but my meal is cold, that's because it too was offered to every diner but me..... And to add insult to injury we don't at this stage even have any cutlery....

Enough is enough I send back my meal saying I don't want anything but the bill.
The manager in the red coat talks to the waitress in the kitchen, looks over at the table, then we wait so long to get the bill I nearly left without even paying for the drinks!

What a fiasco.

I wish I had read the reviews before putting myself through this but please do not go here under any circumstances.

As we were leaving a party of about 20 came in together.... I wouldn't mind reading their review!

Reviewed 19 March 2014

I really don't know where to start probably the worst restaurant I ever ate at. After we got seated it took for ever for the server to come over, we ordered drinks and had to wait longer to get straws, then they bring bread and no plates no big deal, then the appetizer comes out and we have to ask for plates. We put our order in for a pizza and ask for half of the pizza to only have 3 toppings, pizza comes out wrong they re do it and serve it on the dirty plates from the appetizer, and the kicker was the place was dead there was 2 other tables in there Horrible horrible service!