“Very nice!” 4 of 5 bubbles

Pizzeria Paradiso
Ranked #27 of 3,190 Restaurants in Washington DC
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Groups, Kids, Child-friendly, Bar Scene, Cheap Eats
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Essex
“Very nice!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2014

We chose to eat after our arrival from the UK as it is literally 4 minutes walk from the hotel. We ate early about 6pm and were placed straight away. Waiter was very pleasant and took the time to explain all the beers that were on tap. We had personal size pizzas all freshly cooked and tasty.

Visited July 2014

Zurich, Switzerland
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Good beer, bad service”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2014

My girlfriend and I met family here as we heard it was a good place to search out beer. The beer list is excellent but when we ordered a $40 bottle the "beer guy" who opened it did not present it and open it at our table, it obviously foamed a lot when he opened it and he did not present the cork either and he rested the neck of the bottle on the glass when he poured as well. When I went to add more beer to our glasses I realized he lost HALF of the bottle! He offered a discount but did not offer to replace it nor comp it. The server came asking us if we wanted more beer when our glasses were still 1/3 full but we did order another vintage bottle which I requested to be brought to the table so I could open and pour it which she did. When I opened and poured it I was disappointed to see that they store their beer lying down which is also incorrect in almost all cases. We stood up to say goodbye to my cousins after our meal and when we sat back down the maitre d' who was clearing the table next to ours said we couldn't sit there because it was first come first served. We corrected him that it was already our table and he apologized but we were pretty offended knowing he was stationed 5 feet away from us the whole time. We asked for the bill and the "beer guy" gave us a measly $10 dollar discount for his poor form and the loss of half a bottle. It turns out that "beer guy" Tony was actually the manager! We were very unimpressed that such a hard earned beer list is not served by a Certified Cicerone or at the very least by someone who has been trained in how to properly treat and serve beer. If Tony is also their cellar man he really needs more education in that department as well. The beer list is worth visiting for but the pizza is only average at best and I would demand to open and pour your own bottles, I see not observe anyone pouring pints so I can't attest to competence there but I suspect that is poor as well.

• Visited July 2014
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank beerthief
Graton, CA
“Good pizza, superb beer list”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2014

We stopped in here after visiting the Phillips Collection Museum nearby, for an afternoon snack and a decent libation since it was a stiflingly hot and muggy afternoon and I was feeling both hot & sweaty and yet mighty dry indeed. The place suited our needs perfectly. The pizza is expensive, but well prepared; the antipasti are great, but their beer list is utterly SUPERB -- at least twelve items on draft, all of them unique and interesting, and maybe 500 different brands available in bottles (which we never got to, we were so thrilled with the draft selection).

We stayed a little longer than anticipated and it began to become crowded with dinner patrons (so possibly a reservation might be recommended for dinner, if they take them) and I for one had a few exciting moments walking back to our hotel because I'd had three or four glasses of remarkably potent brews. But I'm not complaining, and I'd go back in a heartbeat if I was in that neighborhood.

• Visited July 2014
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Melbourne, Florida
“Brick Oven Brillance”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2014 via mobile

Had a variation of the Di Mare with tarragon, scallions, and lemon zest on light, crispy thin crust. Add the beer flight and it was truly a feast!

Saratoga Springs, New York
“Tasty pizza and great beer selection”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2014

Our group shared several pizzas and all were tasty. We visited the basement bar and had a hard time choosing a beer from the extensive selection.

Visited July 2014