“a lot to eat” 3 of 5 bubbles

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Takeout
Greenbelt, Maryland
“a lot to eat”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 March 2014 via mobile

Had dinner with co-workers this evening. Got the small smokehouse platter, and it was enough for two! A little better than average, but not great. Was a nice change of pace from all the chain places around. Food was a little bland for my liking, but nothing a little salt and pepper didnt cure. I will most likely return in the future for another visit.

Washington DC
“The old reliable”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2013

We ate at Kenny's (then Hog Wild, but under the same ownership) the first day they opened. A lot has changed, but the food continues to be terrific. Good chopped, ribs, chicken, and even better sides -- macaroni and cheese, greens, etc. This is where I go to get a great family dinner when I don't feel like cooking.

• Visited July 2013
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“A neighborhood dive with great BBQ”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 November 2012

The place is a dump, so take dinner out, but the food is worth the excursion. Kenny's has been around in DC since the 1980's (it moved from Mount Pleasant to Capitol Hill decades ago but so did I) so it's demonstrated its value many times.

Visited October 2012
College Park, Maryland, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Most Horrible Ribs in the World”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 September 2012

I ordered a full rack of baby back ribs to go. I had been told that the food was good and that President Obama had eaten there. I couldn't wait to get home to enjoy my ribs, mac and cheese, and greens. When I opened the box, all I saw were BONES!! The small amount of meat that was on the BONES was dried out or tough! I really wouldn't recommend this place to anyone, except to keep walking/running past it! A rating of one star is too much!

• Visited September 2012
1 Thank BMW15
Baltimore
“I ate there before he did”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 June 2012

And I know why President Obama dropped by to satisfy his BBQ needs a few weeks ago.

It's not the atmosphere or decor. Think florescent lights and formica. It's not the service. There is none. Your order comes in a (environmentally incorrect) styrofoam clam shell and you have to go the counter to get it. It's not trendy craft beers to wash it down.... you draw your own soda from the machine. And bring your own 'handy wipes'..... it's a bit of a mess and all you'll get to clean up are cheap napkins.

But, It's pretty good BBQ and lots of it. I'm partial to the beef ribs but it's all good. I'm a hearty eater but I can't finish the sides (I agree with other reviewers that the sides are pretty pedestrian) that come with a full sized platter. It's not often that I leave food behind because I'm sated. But I do here. They'll ask if you want it "mild, medium or hot". I take it "hot" and find it good although hardly overpowering. I suspect less would be bland.
Parking is easy. The neighborhood is safe. If you don't have a car Union Station is the nearest metro stop and the X8 bus goes by there. Cabs don't cruse the neighborhood so if you take a cab, you'll have to call for a pick-up when you're done. I like to sit outside when weather permits.

• Visited June 2012