“First Class”
Review of B Smith's - CLOSED

B Smith's
Price range: US$27 - US$27
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Romantic, Groups, Bar Scene, Business meetings
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: North Capitol Street
Transit: Take Washington DC's Metro Rail Red Line to Union Station. B.Smith's is located on the street level at the end of Union Station's East Hall. Union Station is also a major Amtrak, Metro Bus and taxicab hub.
Memphis, Tennessee
“First Class”
Reviewed 19 July 2013

I attended the champagne brunch which was wonderful. There was huge selection of food and the food tasted great. The wait staff was attentive. I loved the ambiance of this location. It is located in the Union Station and has very tall ceilings.

Visited July 2013
1 Thank Lynnette L

“Second time not the Charm”
Reviewed 17 July 2013

I visited this restaurant for the first time when I was in town earlier this year. I loved it so much that I wanted to bring my husband and my friends back. This time I was a little disappointed. The service was horrible. The restaurant wasn't busy, but our server wasn't engaging or attentive. They ran out of cornbread and biscuits which was one of my favorite items, because it's not the typical bread. The food was still good, but the experience was not as good. Beautiful dining room, but need some focus on service.

Visited July 2013
2 Thank Krhb
Atlanta, Georgia
“Terrible Food & Service”
Reviewed 13 July 2013 via mobile

Visited B. Smith's restaurant with friends and family and was very disappointed with food and service that we received. Out of a group of 16 people at least 4 of us had to send our food back because it was either burned or it tasted bad. I serveral of us ordered drinks that we never received. Another person didn't get her food until we had been there over an hour and a half. The waitress had an attitude and we complained to management. This restaurant didn't live up to the level of service and quality that I was expected.
Otherwise, the ambience and set up of the restaurant was really nice. I think they have a great menu, but the execution is off.

• Visited July 2013
2 Thank Christi J
New York City, New York
“Too expensive for what you get”
Reviewed 9 July 2013

On a recent visit to Washington during the Memorial Day weekend we decided to have Sunday brunch at B. Smith's in Union Station. The food was extremely disappointing. The buffet was not worth $37 per person and to be honest I would have found it disappointing if it were half that. A lot of the food was cold. You have to wait (a long time) on line to get an undercooked Belgian waffle (waffles are supposed to be crisp and golden brown, not limp and sickly beige). I wanted a cup of hot tea, this and coffee were not included in the price of the brunch, however, their lousy ice tea was (one sip and I could not drink anymore). The mimosa tasted like it was spoiled. The people at the table next to us complained about the service and the head woman felt that it was a good idea to chastise the waiter in the presence of the customers. I felt this was extremely unprofessional. All-in-all if what you're looking for is white linen tablecloths and nice flatware and goblets then this is the place to go. If, however, you're looking for flavorful food, go somewhere else,.

• Visited May 2013
2 Thank D C
Bel Air
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Disappointing Experience”
Reviewed 7 July 2013

We were celebrating a birthday. To our surprise, the restaurant was extremely warm and uncomfortable. Fans were being utilized in the food area but there wasn't any warning prior to our seating that the A/C was out. The quality of some of the food was effected, since brunch was being served. At least the staff could of warned patrons that the A/C wasn't working. When you consider the price charged for brunch, I expect more.

• Visited July 2013