“B Smith Restaurant - Washington, D.C.”
Review of B Smith's - CLOSED

B Smith's
Price range: US$27 - US$27
Good for: Groups, Romantic, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Bar Scene
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: North Capitol Street
Transit: Take Washington DC's Metro Rail Red Line to Union Station. B.Smith's is located on the street level at the end of Union Station's East Hall. Union Station is also a major Amtrak, Metro Bus and taxicab hub.
fredyt3
“B Smith Restaurant - Washington, D.C.”
Reviewed 1 September 2013

The rating should be higher than average, however due to the subpar service I was forced to lower from "Excellent" to "Average."

The ambiance and location is outstanding. It is located in the historic Union Station in Washington, D.C. It is nicely appointed and has high ceilings and all the amenities you expect in a top notch restaurant. Plus, there is a piano player who is outstanding.

The menu is cajun. Since B. Smith is a well-known lifestyle personality, every time we visit we opt for appetizers. They are perfect and give us the variety at a reasonable costs. Normally the service is solid, however this visit they appeared short-staffed.

It is a must stop venue when you are visiting D.C..

1 Thank fredyt3

Drexel Hill, Pennsylvania, United States
“Birthday Dinner Celebration at B. Smith's”
Reviewed 30 August 2013

On August 26, 2013 I took my husband to B. Smith's to celebrate his birthday. This was my second visit here. We both enjoyed the meals we had! For staters I had the House Salad and he had the Chicken Livers which was enough for a meal by itself! His entree consisted of "The Swamp Thing" and I had the "Grilled Shrimp and Grits". Both dishes were delicious and very filling. For dessert we shared a dish of Bread Pudding topped with a scoop of Vanilla Ice Cream. He enjoyed his meal so much that he mentioned that we may just come down Washington, D.C. just for dinner at B. Smith's!

1 Thank VivianPJ
“Dinner with my Sisters”
Reviewed 12 August 2013

Loved the atmosphere, the food was excellent, the views were amazing, and the history is worth repeating! I had the Shrimp and Grits and as always...great portion, and excellent flavor! My daughter had the crab-cakes ~ Most delicious! This was the first time for my two sisters. They loved every bite. My oldest sister talked about B Smiths the rest of our trip. Now that's saying something!

Visited August 2013
1 Thank Gail D
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“No Published Wine or Drink List”
Reviewed 6 August 2013

This restaurant has been one of our favorites and while the food was still good we found it strange that this restaurant had no published Wine or Drink List during our visit in early Aug. - it was being updated. A restaurant of this caliber should never be without a published wine/drink list. I don't think I've ever eaten at a restaurant of this caliber where there was no published list and the staff didn't seem to mind, telling patrons that it was being update. While we certainly appreciated their transparency regarding the list being updated, it did however dampen our dinning experience on this ocassion. .

2 Thank James J
Fredericksburg, Virginia
“Excellent soul food!”
Reviewed 5 August 2013 via mobile

Hands down this was one of the best soul food experiences I have ever had! I couldn't stop commenting on how well the flavors were developed in every dish on our table. I was pleasantly surprised with my dish, Swamp Thang, and highly recommend it!

The service was great as well. I would have loved to have some live music but I have no complaints at all. Well done!

1 Thank Kaybee730