“A Good Burger”

Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: Foggy Bottom - GWU - West End
Cross street: 24th & M Street NW
Transit: Yellow/Green Line: Archives-Navy Memorial Red Line: Chinatown Gallery Place towards 9th and G
Description: The Caucus Room Brasserie-Steakhouse is a modern day American interpretation of a French brasserie. Capturing the perfect mix of modern elegance and casual warmth the restaurant opens onto a European Courtyard through grand French glass doors. Guests descend into the restaurant down a sweeping glass and steel staircase with views to a white Parisian marble bar, vaulted ceilings, walnut live edge tables, and a five foot custom crystal chandelier. Private dining is available for meetings/events up to 300 people.
Reviewed 9 November 2017

I ate here as I arrived late to the hotel. While warned that it gets crowded, I was one of three people in the place. The burger was quite tasty. I also had the haricots verts (which they misspelled) which were plentiful and fresh. The wine by the glass was what you'd expect at a hotel restaurant--fairly generic and bland though certainly drinkable.

Perhaps if I had a full entrée or found I more interesting vibe I would give it four stars. It met my needs but was not distinctive in any way.

1  Thank ExecutiveNomad

Reviewed 6 October 2017

Excellent luxury restaurant hotel in the elegant Georgetown area in Washington, this elegant Starwood hotel offers the comfort and luxury expected at not so high prices, can also be a business restaurant or family restaurant, the parking service is expensive, but the area is expensive too, reservations are suggested in labor days.

Reviewed 27 September 2017

We took 11 family members there for breakfast. The staff was very accommodating on short notice and the food was excellent.

Reviewed 1 April 2017

I usually avoid hotel restaurants, but the breakfast options are limited in Foggy Bottom, and so I gave the Caucus Room a chance. As feared, it hits the usual hotel restaurant trifecta: mediocre food, poor service and high prices.

Three basic buttermilk pancakes were $15...and I had to ask for butter. Regular drip coffee was $5...and they did not refill it regularly although there were only a handful of other people in the restaurant. Half as good as IHOP for twice the price.

Reviewed 19 March 2017 via mobile

Be wary of this restaurant if you are thinking you will get the same level of service as is typical for the Westin Brand, since this restaurant is run by a third party. Though physically connected to the hotel and used by the hotel as the only dining option for breakfast, service is substandard at best. We planned to have our breakfast here, but waited for 15-20 minutes while wait staff passed by our table repeatedly to serve other guests. We were able to get coffee and tea, but not to order anything else. After several attempts to get the attention of anyone on staff, we requested our check (we had to wait a bit for that, too) and left- over $13 spent on coffee and tea without breakfast. Luckily, there are several nicer and some less costly options within a few blocks of the Westin Georgetown, so we were able to enjoy a few pleasant breakfasts for the remainder of our stay. Avoid this restaurant if you can.