“As good as always”
Review of Old Glory BBQ

Old Glory BBQ
Reserve with OpenTable
Old Glory BBQ is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #192 of 3,236 Restaurants in Washington DC
Price range: US$20 - US$20
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighbourhood: Georgetown
Cross street: Wisconsin Ave.
Transit: Foggy Bottom Metro
Description: Of all of our "native" food, barbecue is uniquely, authentically and gloriously All-American. Old Glory, located on historic M Street in Georgetown, captures the food, flavor and feel of the great barbecue restaurants of the United States, and offers representations of each styles of barbecue served in different parts of the country. "It looks like a rib joint, sounds like a rib joint and smells like one...most important, of course, the kitchen smokes fine barbecue," says the Washington Post. The huge barbecue pit, the open kitchen, and the 1901 Silver Dollar Four Winds hand-crafted bar, create lively, exciting atmosphere that is downright down-home.
Clarksville, Maryland
“As good as always”
Reviewed 4 June 2014

Visited the Old Glory yesterday after a long hiatus, and I found the same proud commitment to slow cooking (smoking) meat, and having a fine selection of beer. I had the brisket (smoked for 12 hours), and it was sublime, so tender. The meal came with five slices, and their excellent baked beans so I was completely satisfied. The four sauces from accross the USA make the meal intersting, but their Memphis sauce is simply awesome, and the Savanna sauce is completely different. It was great to get back again, and I will make certain that my next trip is sooner than later.

Enjoy

• Visited June 2014

• Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
“Average is a good description”
Reviewed 25 May 2014

We went to Old Glory as we like BBQ and were planning on spending the day in Georgetown.
We had a reservation and were pleased that the restaurant was able to accomodate us much earlier than we had reserved.

The portions were generous and as we chose a "whole lotta glory" between three of us in the party it was nice to try everything the menu had to offer.

The only disappointing things we encountered were a long wait for the food to arrive (45 minutes is too long to wait in our opinion for this type of food and when the restaurant is not that busy) and the fact we asked for some mayo from 2 separate staff and it never arrived from either.

We also didnt like the fact the bill comes with tip percentages shown but these are based on the total bill including tax which in our opinion is wrong.

• Visited May 2014
“Good food!”
Reviewed 25 May 2014 via mobile

Very kind and smiling waiter, happy to propose special dishes. The food was very tasty prepared exactly as ordered. American mood with flag painted plates and furnuture, very atractive for turists like us.

“Good, not great BBQ”
Reviewed 23 May 2014 via mobile

My husband and I had a decent lunch here. It's good but definitely not worth raving over. Nothing really stood out. The cornbread they bring you in the beginning is a nice touch. I had the bbq quesadilla & my husband had the double po boy meal. Mine was better than his, for sure. We also had the armadillo egg rolls to start. They were very good. I recommend this place for lunch, but no need to go out of your way.

Richmond, Virginia
“Holy smoking BBQ”
Reviewed 19 May 2014

We were in the are & saw the happy hour signs for food. WOW!! Great food for a great price in D.C?? Were we dreaming?? Our server was such a friendly guy & made many check backs. The food was DELICIOUS!! I went with the BBQ sliders (very good) but my hubby really picked a winner with the BBQ rib meat on a bun. Holey Toledo! If it wasn't so far away from our Hotel I would have gone back to take some home. Their fries are awesome too! Do not miss out on this fab place.

• Visited May 2014