“Truly fine dining” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Corduroy

Corduroy
Reserve with OpenTable
Corduroy is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #81 of 3,188 Restaurants in Washington DC
Price range: US$25 - US$100
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Full Bar, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighbourhood: Mount Vernon Square
Cross street: Ninth Street between L and M Streets
Transit: Mt. Vernon Square/Convention Center
Arlington, Virginia
“Truly fine dining”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 July 2014

If you are looking for an intimate meal, with unobtrusive service that is always there just when you need it Corduroy is for you. The food is delicious; interesting without going over the top so it is still food not merely entertainment. Recommend the lobster carpaccio or heirloom tomato as a first course, antelope or guinea hen for an entree. A very special night out.

• Visited July 2014
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Wann, Oklahoma
“Great Evening”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2014

We were looking for a great dining experience within walking distance to the Washington DC Convention center and the Marriott Marquis. We were not disappointed. My colleague and I enjoyed the Chefs Taste Sampler along with the Wine Pairing. It was a wonderful meal we tried a little of everything. We started with a cold split pea soup that was incredible, followed by their wonderful Crab Blintz with the Chayote Slaw, I would not have ordered them on my own but they were wonderful so very happy we chose the Chef's special. After the starters we enjoyed the most incredible dish I have enjoyed in a long time the Peppered Rare Big Eye Tuna with Sushi Rice and Hijiki For those of you who have shied away from having Seared tuna take the chance on this dish it was wonderful... every bite. Order it if you are not planning to enjoy the Chef's Tasting sampler :) ok so we were full.... but we enoyed a sample of their beef special and then finally the lamb.... ALL wonderful. We concluded our evening with a desert sampler and desert wine sampler.... While the chocoloate dishes are great for those chocolate lovers we enjoyed the sorbet creamcicle and the blueberry tart. There are no bad choices at the Corduroy.

Thank you so much for a great evening Antonio a great Server! Thanks Chef for opening our pallets to that which we might not have ordered had you not surprised us with it this evening.

• Visited July 2014
Chantilly, Virginia
“Fantastic Restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2014

My husband and I thoroughly enjoyed our evening at this restaurant. We both ordered the Five Course Tasting Menu which the Chef tailored to avoid shellfish for my husband. The flavors were exquisite and the service impeccable. I highly recommend dining at this restaurant for a special occasion.

Davis, California
“Memorable meal”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2014

One of the best meals I have had in a long time. We did the chefs tasting which is a challenge with my family. We have lots of allergies. The food was amazing and the service was attentive, friendly, and warm. Very fun getting surprised with each course and trying unusual combinations. The team of waiters made us feel like we were the only ones in the dining room, even though the restaurant was full. I hope I have the opportunity to go back.

Phoenix, AZ
“Corduroy - Shades of Citronelle?”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 June 2014

This was our second visit to Corduroy (first time about 8 mos. ago), and we were greatly impressed yet again.

One of our favorite DC restaurants, Michel Richard's Citronelle, has been closed for some time, and we pine for it often. However, Chef Tom Power brings a bit of Chef Richard to his Corduroy, plus much more.

The venue is completely unassuming from the Ninth Street entrance - you do sort of need to be looking for it - but once inside you can easily see that you are in a fine-dining location. There is fine use of glass and stainless steel, but in a warm and welcoming way - not sterile as those elements can be.

From the host/hostess stand's greeting, to that of your server, it is obvious that you will be in good hands, and the kitchen follows up on that promise.

Once more, we had two guests (one from our previous visit), and ordered across the menu:

Beet & Goat Cheese Salad, and the Crab Blintz w/ Chayote Slaw, Soft-shelled Crab w/ Wilted Greens & Verjus and Peppered Rare Big Eye Tuna w/ Sushi Rice and Hijiki for my wife and me. Each dish was excellent, and the Big Eye Tuna was one of the best preps that I have had, including all over Hawai`i, by some of the top chefs in that region - not quite what I expected in Washington, DC, but a dish that I will fondly remember for a very long time, and one, by which other chefs will be judged.

Since my wife and I had been too full to order the Cheese Course at CityZen, a few nights before, we pulled out the stops, and asked the kitchen to put together a full tasting of the available cheeses. The menu stopped at six offerings, but the kitchen added the other three for us.

Coupled with a lovely bottle of Chassage-Montrachet and a half-bottle of Nuit St. George (my wife and I were the only wine drinkers in the group, though I did insist that the two guest try a sip of the Montrachet), the meal was excellent, with perfect portions. Actually, with the amuse bouche and the Cheese Course, no one was ready for dessert.

While Citronelle is no more, we DO have a worthy replacement - Corduroy!

• 4 of 5 bubbles