“Excellent Food - Excellent Service - Great Experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Corduroy

Corduroy
Reserve with OpenTable
Corduroy is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #83 of 3,199 Restaurants in Washington DC
Price range: US$25 - US$100
Cuisines: American
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Full Bar, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighbourhood: Mount Vernon Square
Cross street: Ninth Street between L and M Streets
Transit: Mt. Vernon Square/Convention Center
Potomac, Maryland
“Excellent Food - Excellent Service - Great Experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2014

I have dined at Corduroy at its previous location and recently at the new location across from the DC Convention Center. The service and food were both excellent. Our waiter knew the menu, the ingredients and was very helpful in helping us order. The menu was somewhat limited - but that is a plus as only the best ingredients available that day were prepared. My wife had the special tomato appetizer which was outstanding. I had the crab Bellini which was the only disappointing part of the meal. It was a crispy egg roll with crab which did not have much flavor - the waiter gave me a veiled suggestion that I should have listened to.

My special Big Eye Tuna was outstanding - it is a chef specialty. It could have had a little more flavor but was prepared perfectly. The Wag u steak ordered by my wife was one of the most flavorful beef dishes I have tasted (I don't usually order steak - but would order this dish next time i dine at the restaurant). The presentation for all the items outstanding. Our diner companions ordered the same items as my wife and I with the exception of the corn soup which my well dinned friend said was outstanding.

The overall experience was very enjoyable with excellent food and service. The prices are DC prices which were in line with other restaurants. The wine selection was very good with some good values and some overpriced - same as almost all restaurants.

I will go back to Corduroy and try some of the other menu items. Would recommend the restaurant for an excellent meal!

Arlington, Virginia
“Truly fine dining”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 July 2014

If you are looking for an intimate meal, with unobtrusive service that is always there just when you need it Corduroy is for you. The food is delicious; interesting without going over the top so it is still food not merely entertainment. Recommend the lobster carpaccio or heirloom tomato as a first course, antelope or guinea hen for an entree. A very special night out.

Wann, Oklahoma
“Great Evening”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2014

We were looking for a great dining experience within walking distance to the Washington DC Convention center and the Marriott Marquis. We were not disappointed. My colleague and I enjoyed the Chefs Taste Sampler along with the Wine Pairing. It was a wonderful meal we tried a little of everything. We started with a cold split pea soup that was incredible, followed by their wonderful Crab Blintz with the Chayote Slaw, I would not have ordered them on my own but they were wonderful so very happy we chose the Chef's special. After the starters we enjoyed the most incredible dish I have enjoyed in a long time the Peppered Rare Big Eye Tuna with Sushi Rice and Hijiki For those of you who have shied away from having Seared tuna take the chance on this dish it was wonderful... every bite. Order it if you are not planning to enjoy the Chef's Tasting sampler :) ok so we were full.... but we enoyed a sample of their beef special and then finally the lamb.... ALL wonderful. We concluded our evening with a desert sampler and desert wine sampler.... While the chocoloate dishes are great for those chocolate lovers we enjoyed the sorbet creamcicle and the blueberry tart. There are no bad choices at the Corduroy.

Thank you so much for a great evening Antonio a great Server! Thanks Chef for opening our pallets to that which we might not have ordered had you not surprised us with it this evening.

Chantilly, Virginia
“Fantastic Restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2014

My husband and I thoroughly enjoyed our evening at this restaurant. We both ordered the Five Course Tasting Menu which the Chef tailored to avoid shellfish for my husband. The flavors were exquisite and the service impeccable. I highly recommend dining at this restaurant for a special occasion.

• Visited June 2014
Davis, California
“Memorable meal”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2014

One of the best meals I have had in a long time. We did the chefs tasting which is a challenge with my family. We have lots of allergies. The food was amazing and the service was attentive, friendly, and warm. Very fun getting surprised with each course and trying unusual combinations. The team of waiters made us feel like we were the only ones in the dining room, even though the restaurant was full. I hope I have the opportunity to go back.

• Visited June 2014