“Corduroy was fantastic”
Review of Corduroy

Corduroy
Reserve with OpenTable
Corduroy is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #108 of 3,259 Restaurants in Washington DC
Transit: Mt. Vernon Square/Convention Center
Falls Church, Virginia
“Corduroy was fantastic”
Reviewed 4 August 2014

We had a perfect meal at Corduroy. The service was great and the food was over the top fantastic. I would highly recommend the heirloom tomatoe appetizer and the lobster carpaccio (rich with interesting flavors). The scallop entree was fantastic. I would a little disappointed in the big eye tuna. Would have preferred a little more seasoning, but overall it was quite good. The best desert was the peach tartin. We definitely plan to return.

• Visited August 2014

Fresno, California
“Bravo!”
Reviewed 28 July 2014

From start to finish, everything was superb. I dined alone, but was treated as if I was buying dinner for 10. From the person who seated me, to the bartender, to the person who cleared my plates to my server, everyone made me feel welcome and special. I had the Chef's Tasting menu and was not disappointed. It was said to consist of 5 courses but it was really 7 because I was given a extra soup course initially, and dessert (two desserts too!) was included. There was no stinting on what I was offered: tuna tartar, barbecued pork loin, scallops, wagyu beef. it was all flavorful and aesthetically pleasing. It was food to savor. If you want a special meal…this is a place to go. It is pricey, but worth it for a special occasion. The wine list is excellent; they have several excellent choices in half-bottle sizes. I will be going back.

Potomac, Maryland
“Excellent Food - Excellent Service - Great Experience”
Reviewed 21 July 2014

I have dined at Corduroy at its previous location and recently at the new location across from the DC Convention Center. The service and food were both excellent. Our waiter knew the menu, the ingredients and was very helpful in helping us order. The menu was somewhat limited - but that is a plus as only the best ingredients available that day were prepared. My wife had the special tomato appetizer which was outstanding. I had the crab Bellini which was the only disappointing part of the meal. It was a crispy egg roll with crab which did not have much flavor - the waiter gave me a veiled suggestion that I should have listened to.

My special Big Eye Tuna was outstanding - it is a chef specialty. It could have had a little more flavor but was prepared perfectly. The Wag u steak ordered by my wife was one of the most flavorful beef dishes I have tasted (I don't usually order steak - but would order this dish next time i dine at the restaurant). The presentation for all the items outstanding. Our diner companions ordered the same items as my wife and I with the exception of the corn soup which my well dinned friend said was outstanding.

The overall experience was very enjoyable with excellent food and service. The prices are DC prices which were in line with other restaurants. The wine selection was very good with some good values and some overpriced - same as almost all restaurants.

I will go back to Corduroy and try some of the other menu items. Would recommend the restaurant for an excellent meal!

Arlington, Virginia
“Truly fine dining”
Reviewed 20 July 2014

If you are looking for an intimate meal, with unobtrusive service that is always there just when you need it Corduroy is for you. The food is delicious; interesting without going over the top so it is still food not merely entertainment. Recommend the lobster carpaccio or heirloom tomato as a first course, antelope or guinea hen for an entree. A very special night out.

Wann, Oklahoma
“Great Evening”
Reviewed 15 July 2014

We were looking for a great dining experience within walking distance to the Washington DC Convention center and the Marriott Marquis. We were not disappointed. My colleague and I enjoyed the Chefs Taste Sampler along with the Wine Pairing. It was a wonderful meal we tried a little of everything. We started with a cold split pea soup that was incredible, followed by their wonderful Crab Blintz with the Chayote Slaw, I would not have ordered them on my own but they were wonderful so very happy we chose the Chef's special. After the starters we enjoyed the most incredible dish I have enjoyed in a long time the Peppered Rare Big Eye Tuna with Sushi Rice and Hijiki For those of you who have shied away from having Seared tuna take the chance on this dish it was wonderful... every bite. Order it if you are not planning to enjoy the Chef's Tasting sampler :) ok so we were full.... but we enoyed a sample of their beef special and then finally the lamb.... ALL wonderful. We concluded our evening with a desert sampler and desert wine sampler.... While the chocoloate dishes are great for those chocolate lovers we enjoyed the sorbet creamcicle and the blueberry tart. There are no bad choices at the Corduroy.

Thank you so much for a great evening Antonio a great Server! Thanks Chef for opening our pallets to that which we might not have ordered had you not surprised us with it this evening.