“A nice downtown lunch location”
Review of Teatro Goldoni - CLOSED

Neighbourhood: Dupont Circle
Cross street: 19th and K
Transit: Farragut North Station - Metro
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“A nice downtown lunch location”
Reviewed 14 July 2012

It was a little too hot and muggy to sit outside, so we asked for a table indoors. Very nice decor. Lots of business men/women - to e expected. Service was good, but could be better. There were lapses when no one was around (for example, when I wanted some fresh cracked pepper). But, once we were served, no one was disappointed. The stuffed(with crabmeat) mushrooms were good, but not spicy enough for my tastes. Arugula salad was tasty. A variety of entrees (incl. skirt steak, chicken caesar salad, shrimp fettucini) were excellently prepared. In fact, the caesar - although a tad pricey - was one of the best I've ever had! Almost too pretty to eat! No desserts today; maybe, on our next visit.

• Visited July 2012

Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Very poor service - food poor”
Reviewed 28 June 2012

We just had a meal at Teatro restaurant - which was an important event for us but the service and the quality of the food left a lot to be desired. The waiter was abrupt - service was slow and weak - we had to chase our dishes - ask for cutlery - even call the waiter's attention a few times. Food nothing to write home about - the pasta was way overcooked had I been alone i would have sent it back and possibly walked out. Starter was good.
Overall weak not really worth visiting and should not be called italian.

• Visited June 2012
Washington, DC
“Not consistent”
Reviewed 5 April 2012

Three of us went for a lovely outdoor lunch. Service was fine and the food plentiful to include their "box lunch." The mashed potatoes under spinach was delicious as a side dish for two of us although the spinach was salty. The table bread was excellent. Because this was such a nice outing, we decided to go to dinner with another couple. Service was terrible. Only three if us got our appetizers while the fourth had to wait quite a while--we had to ask where her appetizer was and were told it was coming. I had to ask twice for my ginger ale that only came after I finished my appetizer. Again, with our main entrees mine was missing. Again, we had to ask where it was. Again, " it is coming." Standard high DC prices ($17.00 for a Caesar salad, a tad mayonnaisey too) without good service--won't be hurrying back anytime soon. we were a bit embarrassed that we recommended this for our get -together.

New York City, New York
“Very poor service, reasonable food”
Reviewed 22 March 2012

Went for a drink and some bar food after work. Walked in and waited a few minutes before someone came to seat me. Ordered a drink which took a while to arrive. Once finished I tried several times to catch a waiter's attention with no success (although the place was 20% occupied). Decided to move to the bar where I was able to attract some attention. Ordered a pasta dish which was served with a side dish of attitude. The food was rather nice but the staff too busy running here and there to refil my drink.Basically I was made to feel as if I was a burden. Will not return.

• Visited March 2012
“Venice in DC!!!”
Reviewed 11 March 2012

Style & decor are Venezia all the way from the lovely semicircular tables in bright color fabrics to the harlequin plaid squares on the walls to hand blown venetian glass ceiling lights.
Started with a bottle of Moët Chandon.
The cuisine is very good. We started with the lobster and scallop salad which was delicious. My partner had the teralatini with duck ragu. Excellent. I had the penne carbonara. Hot and creamy.
We split the coconut galette with ice cream. It was served semi - frozen with an apricot in the center of the cake. Very nice! Our wait staff, Said, was most accommodating!