“Great Mexican food!”

Cuisines: Southwestern, Mexican
Rome, Italy
“Great Mexican food!”
Reviewed 18 January 2014

We really like this place. The food is very good and the atmosphere is great. This place is good for young couples and groups of friends. We suggest the chicken and beef fajitas in particular. Quick service and kind waiters. Not expensive at all.

• Visited January 2014

• Turkish first
Singapore, Singapore
“Not going back”
Reviewed 13 January 2014

This was my first meal in Washington this last trip and it was a mistake. Service staff were okay, but the food was a miserable disappointment. I ordered the chimichanga which is probably my favourite Mexican dish. What was served was the smallest chimichanga I have ever seen. I asked the waitress if perhaps they had given me the cheaper lunch portion by mistake, but she confirmed that was the full portion. The sangria came in a margarita glass which meant that there was too little of it also. The food was okay, but nothing spectacular and unfortunately not worth the money. Also, although it was lunch, the dining area smelt of the kitchen and I left smelling of fried food. Sorry, I just expected much more.

• Visited January 2014
Atlanta, Georgia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Delicious, casual Mexican food”
Reviewed 15 November 2013

Wandered into this place on a business trip. I was attracted by the funky Halloween decorations, but really enjoyed my tamales platter. Great location near Dupont Circle and good prices.

• Visited October 2013
Wilmington, North Carolina
“Food was awesome!”
Reviewed 28 October 2013 via mobile

The food was fantastic! My husband & I both ordered fajitas (one steak & one pork). Both came with a good amount of meat, and the steak was fork tender. Also had the Cadillac margarita that was delicious & pretty strong. All together, it was $41. The server was not rude but not the most friendly we have ever had. Despite his lack of personality, we never went without anything we needed. We would absolutely recommend Alero!

Lawrenceville, Georgia
“OK food; terrible service”
Reviewed 17 October 2013

Walked in at about 4 minutes to 7:00 pm and was greeted by wait staff dancing and yelling 'Happy Hour!'. Our waiter came to our table promptly at 7:00 (and they were far from busy) and when we asked about happy hour prices, we were told 'No'. Hmmm. Food arrived -- I split the combination fajitas with my adult daughter. She's a vegetarian, I am not. Asked for steak and veggie and to separate. They did not. They gave us 3 flour tortillas. We asked for more right away. Then asked someone else. Then asked someone else and finally got a couple more. It was all extremely ridiculous as there were SO many wait staff just standing around and talking among themselves but none to be found when we needed something. If I weren't visiting with old friends I haven't seen in a while, I would have just left.

• Visited October 2013