“So delicious...can't stop thinking about the mussels and pasta” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Cafe Luna - CLOSED

Cafe Luna
Price range: US$9 - US$22
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighbourhood: Dupont Circle
Cross street: 16th Street
Transit: DuPont Circle metro
“So delicious...can't stop thinking about the mussels and pasta”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 March 2013

I had a terrific livingsocial deal and decided to give it a try. Went in at 6 pm sharp and the place was fairly empty. Was a bit apprehensive but decided to give it a try. Besides, the people who were there seemed happy. A gracious server greeted us - actually 2 gracious servers - and showed us what we could get for the very generous coupon. It's a cafe, so the food is your regular cafe food - sandwiches, pasta, etc. We ordered two appetizers - mussels and calamari. Both were good especially the mussels. Then we ordered two pasta - mussels pasta and angel hair. Both of the pasta dishes were deeeelicious! Generous portions and we had to take it back to the hotel. For desert I had cheesecake. The cheesecake was just ok but I didn't go for the cheesecake. I went for the pasta and it was two of the best pasta dishes I've ever had. Al dente, and well seasoned. Definitely a winner and highly recommend anyone who is in the Dupont Circle area to give it a try. A true neighbourhood gem.

Des Moines, Iowa, USA
“Wonderful experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 March 2013

Visited Cafe Luna Friday night with a Groupon in hand.
It was pretty empty which worried us some- it filled up more later.
Well the whole visit was wonderful.
Our server had great food suggestions.
She was spot on.
From the app, to the pasta dishes, to dessert - excellent.
The drinks weren't watered down like other places.
All the prices were very reasonable, especially for DC.
I recommend visiting this gem.
We will be trying the brunch next time.
Ask to sit in Jackie's section.
She was a fabulous.
Her service made the difference and is definitely another reason we will return.

Alexandria, Virginia
“Sunday Brunch”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 March 2013

I arrived without a reservation at 12:30 and it was busy, but I tucked myself into a corner by the window. The waitress was very nice and prompt with my mimosas, and the salmon I ordered came out at a reasonable time. I think the eggs were a little dry.
The table next to me had english muffins with a poached egg and what looked like a crab cake or something and it look GREAT! Gotta try that next time.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Silver Spring, Maryland
“Skip Cafe Luna”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 March 2013

Food was poor and no flexible with subsitutions. Plenty of hot coffee but for a Sunday brunch with bottomless drinks it was odd that there was no bartender and wait staff also had to make drinks.

Visited March 2013
1 Thank Donnakz
Cambridge
“great breakfast spot”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 February 2013

Found this place near our hotel. Funky and cozy with good traditional breakfast. Had pancakes and french toast that kept our kids happy. Liked it so much we had breakfast there twice.

Visited February 2013