“Person on the phone was a luna tick....”
Review of Cafe Luna - CLOSED

Neighbourhood: Dupont Circle
Cross street: 16th Street
Transit: DuPont Circle metro
Reviewed 10 May 2013

Had a Groupon for Brunch. We were a party of 4. When making a required reservation I was told they were booked for the day. When I was going to hang up the person I spoke to told me he would squeeze us in at 12:30. Made to feel like he was doing us a favor. When we arrived the place was 3/4 empty. Plenty of tables. We arrived at 12:35 and were immediately told we were late. Brunch is served from 10 am to closing with unlimited mimosas and bloody marys. They were serving brunch for only 1 1/2 hours at this point. We wanted to start with a bloody mary, but they did not have any. We were told they were all gone, so we settled for mimosas. They were hardly mimosas, that were really just orange juice with a splash of something sparkling. No bartender staff, wait staff was mixing the mimosas by the pitcher. The food was just OK, not even good. The service was ok. We overheard the same person who told us they were booked, telling that to another person on the telephone when they were trying to make a reservation. What is his problem? Parking is a challenge. Pass on Café Luna, even if it's not a full moon.

1  Thank saveroom4dessert

Reviewed 9 May 2013

We were going to the Keegan Theatre only a few blocks away. We always park in the lot across the street from Cafe Luna. We finally decided to give it a try and were pleasantly surprised. It is in the basement, so we had sort of low expectations, but they were greatly surpassed. The food, service and the prices were all great. We will definitely return. We had mostly Italian seafood dishes, but looking around at other tables, their food looked good too. Next time, I think I will try their lamb dishes.

Reviewed 23 March 2013

I had a terrific livingsocial deal and decided to give it a try. Went in at 6 pm sharp and the place was fairly empty. Was a bit apprehensive but decided to give it a try. Besides, the people who were there seemed happy. A gracious server greeted us - actually 2 gracious servers - and showed us what we could get for the very generous coupon. It's a cafe, so the food is your regular cafe food - sandwiches, pasta, etc. We ordered two appetizers - mussels and calamari. Both were good especially the mussels. Then we ordered two pasta - mussels pasta and angel hair. Both of the pasta dishes were deeeelicious! Generous portions and we had to take it back to the hotel. For desert I had cheesecake. The cheesecake was just ok but I didn't go for the cheesecake. I went for the pasta and it was two of the best pasta dishes I've ever had. Al dente, and well seasoned. Definitely a winner and highly recommend anyone who is in the Dupont Circle area to give it a try. A true neighbourhood gem.

Reviewed 9 March 2013

Visited Cafe Luna Friday night with a Groupon in hand.
It was pretty empty which worried us some- it filled up more later.
Well the whole visit was wonderful.
Our server had great food suggestions.
She was spot on.
From the app, to the pasta dishes, to dessert - excellent.
The drinks weren't watered down like other places.
All the prices were very reasonable, especially for DC.
I recommend visiting this gem.
We will be trying the brunch next time.
Ask to sit in Jackie's section.
She was a fabulous.
Her service made the difference and is definitely another reason we will return.

Reviewed 5 March 2013

I arrived without a reservation at 12:30 and it was busy, but I tucked myself into a corner by the window. The waitress was very nice and prompt with my mimosas, and the salmon I ordered came out at a reasonable time. I think the eggs were a little dry.
The table next to me had english muffins with a poached egg and what looked like a crab cake or something and it look GREAT! Gotta try that next time.