“A lot of fun and chocolate” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Best Tours

Best Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: Come join your expert tour guide for a delightful stroll through some of the Washington's most decadent dessert boutiques and chocolatiers in the charming neighborhood of Georgetown on the Chocolate Tour of Washington DC! Sample 7 heavenly chocolate delights, from handmade salted caramel truffles to post modern takes on the dark stuff, and learn about the history of chocolate!
California, Maryland
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“A lot of fun and chocolate”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 March 2014 via mobile

Although it was a bit of a blustery March day, the tour was a good deal of fun. Our tour guide, Kelvin, regaled us with DC history, which was an unexpected perk. Georgetown was beautiful. The 7 stops covered a variety of dessert types and quality of chocolate, from boutique to large market. The samples were generous in portion size and the pace made for a pleasant afternoon. Overall, great experience.

Ashburn, Virginia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Chocolate Tour Georgetown”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 January 2014

We had a great day. Christy our guide was wonderful. We were celebrating my daughters 17th birthday with friends and the girls had a blast. It was a nice change and well worth the time. The girls went back to Sprinkles for more cupcakes after the tour ended.

Visited January 2014
Singapore, Singapore
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Maybe the weather didn't help..”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 December 2013

Maybe our expectations were a little skewed, but we were a little disappointed with the tour. Maybe the wet weather didn't help as it made walking a little tedious. Getting a chance to sample chocolates at the various places was great (some of the chocolate was really good), but then again most of the places are along M St in Georgetown, and you could have covered them yourselves (without the sampling of cos). Our guide did not seem to be too interested in the tour, and provided only limited bits of information about the place we were visiting and Georgetown in general.

Visited December 2013
19 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 39 helpful votes
“Fun way to spend the day with friends”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 December 2013

My friend bought this from groupon and the four of us (four women) all had a wonderful time sampling chocolate and spending the day together. Don't expect to learn a lot about chocolate on this tour, it is mostly about visiting different places and trying the chocolate from each. Given the prices at some of the places, I think the cost (about $16 per person) was fair. And you get plenty of chocolate. You could easily do the tour on your own but I do think the organized tour was a bit more fun. Our guide was fun but not an expert in chocolate. At two places (Sprinkles and Godiva) the employee took the time to talk to us. Still a fun pleasant day. Expect to pay for parking - we parked in the parking lot next to the Old Stone House and it cost $20. I'm sure street parking would have been cheaper but we split it four ways.

Visited December 2013
Newport News, Virginia
107 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 57 helpful votes
“A good way to spend a couple of hours”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 November 2013

I wasn't sure what to expect based on the reviews I had read beforehand. Our tour guide was named Linda and she was really nice and personable and made the tour more interesting with various tidbits of information. We stopped at 7 different places and some of them were really tight in space. Luckily, our group wasn't that big (about 15 people). We got to see a lot of Georgetown. I had never been there before and with all the walking around, I was able to see places I probably wouldn't have seen on my own. Even though all the places weren't truly chocolate places, I liked the variety of chocolate desserts which ranged from cupcakes to pieces of chocolate to bread to pie .Overall, I thought the tour was good. We had great weather and and an interesting time. If you don't take the Metro in, beware that parking is probably going to cost you about $20.

Visited November 2013