“First time for Ethiopian food”

Chercher Ethiopian Restaurant & Mart
Ranked #348 of 3,523 Restaurants in Washington DC
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

On the recommendation of our cabbie, we tried Ethiopian food at this restaurant. Not ever having had this cuisine, we enjoyed the experience. The only complaint was that things were very spicy and the level of spice was not able to be adjusted on many dishes. It's a small place, well decorated and clean. Very friendly staff. We will probably try this cuisine again!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Having spent time in Ethiopia, I found this to be an authentic Ethiopia resto. Had the raw beef kitfo "lablab" style, meaning warmed but not cooked, with lots of spices. Its pretty small but obviously popular and crowded. They have full bar.

Reviewed 19 April 2018 via mobile

Delicious meal, incredible flavours, good sized serve, able to try many varied portions shared between 3 of us (with spaghetti for the non-adventurous tween), warm and friendly service, traditional meal.
Great meal. $90 for a good feed for 4 and a couple of wines.

Reviewed 19 April 2018 via mobile

The place was packed at 4pm on a Thursday. I had the Vegetarian Special which was excellent. I have eaten at Ethiopian restaurants around the globe, and this was one of the best.

Reviewed 14 March 2018 via mobile

I tried many Ethiopian restaurants in DC over the span of few years but this tiny place is my favourite.

Food is fresh, well prepared and very tasty.

One would think she or he is in Ethiopia.

I encourage owner to expand business as their other place in Bethesda is equally good.

Recommend to those who love of want to try ckassic Ethiopian food.