“Stunned”

Gordon Biersch Restaurant & Brewery
Reserve with OpenTable
Gordon Biersch Restaurant & Brewery is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #352 of 3,386 Restaurants in Washington DC
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 22 April 2014 via mobile

Sitting at the table now (haven't even been served yet) and felt moved to review immediately because of how shocked i am at the complete lack of friendly service. The restaurant seems fine, we were seated fairly quickly and the food may be very good but i'm already disgusted with the attitude of people that work in a...SERVICE INDUSTRY! The waiter couldn't have been more unfriendly (actually snapped at my 10yr old for speaking too quietly) and the attitude was similar at the hostess stand. A smile and a little politeness shouldn't be too much to ask for!

Reviewed 21 April 2014

We went there are visiting the spy museum, a family party of 6 wanting a quick and simple dinner.
This place was perfect for us. Extremely friendly, good food in reasonable price. Great beer and great service.

Reviewed 15 April 2014

It must have been due to the hockey game that was getting ready to take place that Sunday. At least this is the excuse I was using while we sat waiting for our food to arrive. Finally when it did not only was the hamburger cold, but the wolds most famous "garlic fries" were mush. What a disappointment. I am not sure if this is what is expected from restaurants downtown DC, but I would rather go hungry then eat in that restaurant again.

Reviewed 13 April 2014 via mobile

We went here to try the flights of beer. This place is close to Verizon stadium. The beer was just ok. There were tvs to watch sports.

Reviewed 8 April 2014

To be honest, I am probably a bit bothered by the fact that they gave us a lunch menu when we entered. We were then told that the lunch prices ended, ten minutes after we were shown to our seats. A manager was notified, but would not honor the menu we were given. I ordered the half lettuce wedge, one that was listed on the non-lunch menu,listed at 3.50. On the bill, it showed at 7.00. Strike two. I also ordered an 8 inch veggie pizza, which was loaded, but also greasy. My son's cheeseburger was about 14.00. It was really no better than he could have ordered from Chilis for much less. It seems to me that the establishment is trying to create an image of a pub, but the food does not match that perception. Serving style was minimalist. I do not recommend, as their are many establishments in DC that offer more for the same cost.