“Sub-par factory pressed burger and understaffed.”

Gordon Biersch Restaurant & Brewery
Reserve with OpenTable
Gordon Biersch Restaurant & Brewery is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #299 of 3,199 Restaurants in Washington DC
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Good for: Bar Scene, Child-friendly, Kids, Local cuisine, Groups
Dining options: Drinks, Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, After-hours, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Virginia
“Sub-par factory pressed burger and understaffed.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 April 2014

I love brew-pubs but I was disappointed with this location of the national chain. My burger was one of those machine pressed factory burgers of very low quality beef like you find at walmart in the frozen section. I did not upgrade to the Kobe Beef, but every cheap brew-pub I've ever been to that had hand pattied fresh beef burgers were better than this. I'm not sure if they claim their burgers are pressed on site with fresh beef or not, but it certainly doesn't have the taste, look, or texture of it. The sauces, cheese, and bacon were of good quality, decent enough I ate my burger, but I'm sure I could have ate a sponge if it had enough of that delicious thick cut bacon and BBQ sauce. I did however think their sweet potato fries were very top tier.

When we arrived Sunday evening the dining area was probably at 35% capacity but we were told if we didn't have reservations there would be a 20 minute wait unless we went to the bar area, so we went to the bar. Or server was decent but he was spread thin by too many tables to provide adequate service so we sat around with empty glasses most of the evening. Also if the kitchen forgot something like a condiment or side he had to run all the way back to the kitchen himself and get it which would take roughly a 3-4 minute trip which he had to do twice with us. When he was around he was nice enough, but he just had too many tables to take care of. I also think this is why they were not setting people in the dinning area, because they had too few staff to work it, so they figured people would expect bad service from the bar area. Obviously the restaurant could have been short staffed that one night, but having those factory mass produced burgers is the downside of national chains.

• Slovak first
Chesterland, Ohio
“Stunned”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 April 2014 via mobile

Sitting at the table now (haven't even been served yet) and felt moved to review immediately because of how shocked i am at the complete lack of friendly service. The restaurant seems fine, we were seated fairly quickly and the food may be very good but i'm already disgusted with the attitude of people that work in a...SERVICE INDUSTRY! The waiter couldn't have been more unfriendly (actually snapped at my 10yr old for speaking too quietly) and the attitude was similar at the hostess stand. A smile and a little politeness shouldn't be too much to ask for!

home
“Just what we were looking for”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 April 2014

We went there are visiting the spy museum, a family party of 6 wanting a quick and simple dinner.
This place was perfect for us. Extremely friendly, good food in reasonable price. Great beer and great service.

Virginia
“What a disappointment!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 April 2014

It must have been due to the hockey game that was getting ready to take place that Sunday. At least this is the excuse I was using while we sat waiting for our food to arrive. Finally when it did not only was the hamburger cold, but the wolds most famous "garlic fries" were mush. What a disappointment. I am not sure if this is what is expected from restaurants downtown DC, but I would rather go hungry then eat in that restaurant again.

Stamford, Connecticut
1,051 restaurant reviews
“Beer tasting ”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 April 2014 via mobile

We went here to try the flights of beer. This place is close to Verizon stadium. The beer was just ok. There were tvs to watch sports.