“Lifesaver at lunch”

Cuisines: American
Pittsburgh
“Lifesaver at lunch”
Reviewed 8 June 2014

We stopped in at Union Station for lunch in conjunction with a visit to the Postal Museum across the street. On the day that we were there, hundreds of school students were swarming the basement food court. As a result, there were long lines at the counter service restaurants, and no tables available in the food court. I was wondering where we were going to eat when my wife and I noticed that Johnny Rockets was not all that busy and had sit-down seating. We went in, and we sat down at a table near the back and along the wall to get away from the din of the students who were congregating out front. The waiter took our order right away, and the food came out very fast, and was very good. My wife had a hamburger and I had a tuna melt. We also got a side order of French fries. The cost was not bad, and we were out in 40 minutes or less. If we ever go to Union Station at lunch time in the future, we will be sure to visit Johnny Rockets again.

• Visited May 2014

suffolk uk
“The tastiest burger I had in DC”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

I am English I am of course familiar with other fast food outlets which have crossed the Atlantic but as far as I know this chain is not in England, or at least it's not in Suffolk where I live.
I loved the retro feel the jukeboxes and so on.

I was very surprised by the burger much thicker than other well known chains and my waitress was delightful. She was bewildered though, when I asked if I could have small salad with my burger, an attempt to be healthier, so I gave that idea up but I was more than satisfied with what I had.

As another British reviewer says it really hit the spot, better than we have at hone except in up market pretentious places in London, which would charge three times the price. Recommended.

• Visited April 2014
Lufkin, Texas
“So fun!”
Reviewed 20 March 2014 via mobile

We loved the soda shop feel, the burgers were great and the nickel jukeboxes were just a perfect touch. We were a party of 9 and we were served quickly, and the prices were fairly reasonable.

Leesburg, Virginia
“Hanging with the bears”
Reviewed 4 March 2014 credit card Amex Cardmember Review

One day I had the bears at work and we usually go over to Union Station but hadn't been to JRockets. Son bear loves cheeseburgers - daughter bear likes BLTs, they have both. Happy momma bear. Service was good and the burgers still good. Nice lunch with the bears.

Visited November 2013
East Anglia, UK
“The real deal”
Reviewed 8 February 2014

If you want a typical American Burger in a typical American Burger bar, then this works just fine. The atmosphere was great, the burger was really good. The service was friendly. I'm not pretending it was anything really special, but for a Brit in the States, it absolutely hit the spot.

• Visited February 2014