“Great El Salvadorian food on a street with great ethnic food”
Review of Las Placitas

Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighbourhood: Capitol Hill
Cross street: Between E St. NE and G St. SE
Seattle, Washington
“Great El Salvadorian food on a street with great ethnic food”
Reviewed 19 April 2013

My wife and l love food from other countries and the food from El Salvador is not one with which we have much experience. We stopped in here after sampling Balkan, and Turkish restaurants on the same block and it is apparent that in order to survive on this street you must offer something special.

I had the Salvadorian sampler plate and enjoyed the black beans, tamales, plantains and rice. While similar to Mexican food it is different and this restaurant provided the opportunity to experience this. My wife loved the margaritas. That it is an institution was made clear when we noticed an endorsement from our representative to the House from our district in Seattle in the entry.

We will definitely be back.

• Visited March 2013

Highlands Ranch, Colorado
“Still the BEST Mexican and Salvadorean food in Washington D.C.--Perhaps the country”
Reviewed 25 March 2013

Isidoro and his brother Ramon have been running Las Placitas for nearly a quarter century. It has become a Capital Hill instution. GREAT Margaritas and great food. Seafood dishes are amazing. The best tamal de ote you will eat anywhere.

• Visited March 2013
Tampa, Florida
“AWESOME!!”
Reviewed 1 February 2013

Great food, good portions and the price is right. Can't say enough good stuff about this place. Had a few pitchers of margaritas and they were great too. Took my boss here and he really enjoyed the food and drinks as well. Service is super and staff is very friendly. During my stay 2 week stay in DC I ate here twice.

• Visited January 2013
Bowie, MD
“Would not go there again”
Reviewed 28 September 2012

I have tried several of the Barracks Row restaurants and was curious about this one. Went after work, had grilled camarones (shrimp) and 2 pupusas. At first I was told that to order the pupusa special on the outdoor chalkboard (a happy hour special), I had to order an alcoholic drink, which I can't do. I told him this, and he agreed to let me order them for $1.95 each. Service was extremely slow. The pupusas had a mushy, unappetizing filling. The shrimp were good, but the surrounding avocado wasn't the greatest. The only other customers outside were two women talking loudly and in a vulgar manner. When I went inside to check on my order, the inside seemed rather depressing. I will definitely not go back.

• Visited September 2012
2 Thank tlhjar
“Family sharing”
Reviewed 22 August 2012 via mobile

This restraunt is small dishes, usually to share and sample a wide variety of different things. Grey experience although a little pricey.