“Beautifully presented and delicious”

Rosa Mexicano - Penn Quarter
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: Downtown / Chinatown
Cross street: F Street NW
Transit: Gallery Place - Chinatown
Description: Just west of our nation's Capitol, Rosa Mexicano Penn Quarter location is situated in the exceptionally restored 1924 Hecht’s building across from the Verizon Center. As the first Rosa Mexicano to open outside of New York City in December 2003, this D.C. location remains true to its roots by delivering authentic Mexican cuisine in a stylish, festive atmosphere. The interior features eye-catching details that include 14-foot wraparound windows, a spacious bar and lounge area, and a tequila bar offering a wide range of premium selections and margaritas. Traditional folk crafts have also been incorporated throughout the restaurant, most notably in a dramatic series of illuminated pilasters featuring festive Mexican masks mounted on the wall.It’s a feast for the eyes as well as the tastebuds.
Reviewed 1 October 2017 via mobile

I took a friend out here for his birthday lunch and the food was so delicious! Everything was beautifully presented. I had the trio enchiladas which came with three different enchiladas- beef chicken and cheese. The enchiladas each had their own different sauce-mole, cilantro sauce, and another was tomato based. All were delicious. My friend had the fried fish tacos with a corn casserole that he said was also very delicious.

The location is perfect. It is right across the street from the Gallery Place metro and right across from the Verizon Center.

I highly recommend Rosa Mexicano!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,077)

Reviewed 29 September 2017

OK, so this is a big restaurant and it gets busy. You can luck out and be sat in a quiet area, or cop the short straw and find yourself next to the loudest table in DC. Whichever happens, don't worry - the food's going to make up for it. Once you've had the table-mixed guac, and sunk a couple of margaritas, you'll be in the zone and ready to attack the menu with gusto. Mexican perfection on a plate.

Reviewed 19 September 2017 via mobile

The restaurant is beautiful, very nicely decorated and the staff was very nice and helpful. The food however, was not authentic and lacked flavor. The only thing we loved were the beans everything else was bland and needed more flavor. We also felt it was overpriced. For the price we could have gotten better food somewhere else. If the food would have tasted better I wouldn't have mind because the location is great but if I'm in DC again I will not return.

Reviewed 18 September 2017

We were a party of 9 on a Friday night. I was unsure we were even going to be able to get in last minute. We were actually sitting at a different restaurant being ignored by their staff and came to Rosa as a Plan B. What a great move on our part! We were seated & served quickly. The table side guacamole was SO FRESH and delicious. Plenty of salsa and chips to go around. We had excellent margaritas and sangria. The food came pretty quickly and was delicious. It was authentic cuisine is a hip atmosphere. We were full and happy when we left.

Reviewed 16 September 2017

Stopped in for lunch after having been there for dinner on a previous business trip. Beautiful location across the street from the Gallery Place - Chinatown Metro stop in the Penn Quarter section of DC. Big restaurant with huge windows, nice spacing between tables, and tasteful table settings with real linen tablecloths. Very attentive staff and lots of genuine Mexican dishes and drinks on the menu. For lunch I had the Suiza Enchilada - Roasted chicken tinga with creamy tomatillo sauce, cilantro, onion
and melted Chihuahua cheese. Gorgeous presentation, exquisite taste, good value, and plenty of food. Glad I came back, looking forward to my next visit!