“Best Fish Tacos!”

Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: Downtown / Chinatown
Cross street: F Street NW
Transit: Gallery Place - Chinatown
Description: Just west of our nation's Capitol, Rosa Mexicano Penn Quarter location is situated in the exceptionally restored 1924 Hecht’s building across from the Verizon Center. As the first Rosa Mexicano to open outside of New York City in December 2003, this D.C. location remains true to its roots by delivering authentic Mexican cuisine in a stylish, festive atmosphere. The interior features eye-catching details that include 14-foot wraparound windows, a spacious bar and lounge area, and a tequila bar offering a wide range of premium selections and margaritas. Traditional folk crafts have also been incorporated throughout the restaurant, most notably in a dramatic series of illuminated pilasters featuring festive Mexican masks mounted on the wall.It’s a feast for the eyes as well as the tastebuds.
Reviewed 8 October 2017 via mobile

So good. And the spicy cucumber margarita!! Try it! Everyone liked their food. We went with 5 adults a teen, a tween and a 9 year old. All plates were empty.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,077)

Reviewed 3 October 2017 via mobile

I was surprised the food is really good. I've had a hard time trying to find good Mexican food. The plus in this place are the desserts. This is the first Mexican restaurant that I see "Tres Leches cake" in its menu. That's my favorite dessert and turns out it was delicious. My only issue is that they took a while to take away our dirty dishes once we finishe our first course (tortilla soup) and brought our entree without taking again those plate, so since the table was small it was crowded and made our meal a little bit annoying. I had to stand up and look for someone to come and pick them up. Besides that, the rest was nice. Greece, our waitress was really nice.

Reviewed 1 October 2017 via mobile

I took a friend out here for his birthday lunch and the food was so delicious! Everything was beautifully presented. I had the trio enchiladas which came with three different enchiladas- beef chicken and cheese. The enchiladas each had their own different sauce-mole, cilantro sauce, and another was tomato based. All were delicious. My friend had the fried fish tacos with a corn casserole that he said was also very delicious.

The location is perfect. It is right across the street from the Gallery Place metro and right across from the Verizon Center.

I highly recommend Rosa Mexicano!

Reviewed 29 September 2017

OK, so this is a big restaurant and it gets busy. You can luck out and be sat in a quiet area, or cop the short straw and find yourself next to the loudest table in DC. Whichever happens, don't worry - the food's going to make up for it. Once you've had the table-mixed guac, and sunk a couple of margaritas, you'll be in the zone and ready to attack the menu with gusto. Mexican perfection on a plate.

Reviewed 19 September 2017 via mobile

The restaurant is beautiful, very nicely decorated and the staff was very nice and helpful. The food however, was not authentic and lacked flavor. The only thing we loved were the beans everything else was bland and needed more flavor. We also felt it was overpriced. For the price we could have gotten better food somewhere else. If the food would have tasted better I wouldn't have mind because the location is great but if I'm in DC again I will not return.