“Good Mediterranean fare served in a causal setting”

Rosemary's Thyme Bistro
Reserve with OpenTable
Rosemary's Thyme Bistro is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #503 of 3,298 Restaurants in Washington DC
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighbourhood: Dupont Circle
Cross street: 18 & S
Transit: Dupont Circle Metro-North Exit
Reviewed 12 May 2014

This as a modestly decorated causal restaurant serving Mediterranean fare, including fresh fish, seafood, homemade pasta and pizzas as well as Turkish kebabs and flatbreads that are called ‘Pide’. The restaurant has a quite large patio, which lends itself as a nice weekend brunch & daily happy hour environment. The noise level in the indoor section of the restaurant is at an acceptable level.
Reservation can be made through (202) 332 3200 or online.
Daily Happy hour: 4 pm – 7 pm.
Operating hours: Mondays through Thursdays open at 4 pm; Friday at 11 am; Saturdays & Sundays at 10 am.

Food is tasty, and above average. Their house made breads served with olive oil are very tasty. Serving-portions are not large, adequate and are priced modestly. The Wine list is small but not overly priced, and their prices are reduced to a half during happy hours.
Service is causal but professional and fair as well. Suitable for many occasions.

1  Thank ac c

Reviewed 27 April 2014

My wife and I had never heard of Pide - the Turkish "pizza" . Each of us ordered one with two eggs on top based upon the recommendation of our waitress - very good and very filling! Service was attentive and friendly.

1  Thank londog1961
Reviewed 10 March 2014

I have always stayed in the Dupont Circle area of DC and passed by this restaurant. The fact that it has always been full attracted me and one day I decided to take a chance and eat lunch there.The service was slow to say the least. We had to wait to get an answer if we could seat ourselves or if we needed to wait to be seated. Waiter would pass seldom in our table, meaning that there huge intervals between seating, receiving the menu, getting our orders and then check and paying the bill. The whole process took more than one hour and a half, when our torture could have been reduced to at most 45 minutes.
The slowness of the service was not compensated by the quality of the food. I had a Mediterranean pide, which is something between a pizza and a sandwich, and it has left no remark on my savory memory. My friends had the Atlantic salmon, which was bland.
All in all, it was great disappointment, I would not go back there neither will i recommend to anyone,

Reviewed 1 November 2013

This places is just easy... never a wait, always fast service, and reliably good food. Rosemary's Thyme is my first choice for first dates, brunch with friends, or a quick bite to eat near my house. Bravo!

Reviewed 28 October 2013

Went here with a large group on a Friday night. Busy as hell but the service was great. Excellent food. Had the lamb shish. Decent wine selection.