“Wonderful food,portions and prices”
Review of Sign of the Whale

Sign of the Whale
Ranked #1,264 of 3,463 Restaurants in Washington DC
Cuisines: American
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighbourhood: Dupont Circle
Cross street: 19th St NW
Transit: We are in between the Farragut North and Dupont Circle Metro stop.
Reviewed 4 April 2012

We went at about 1:30pm and it wasn't very busy. Glad we went for lunch and not supper as Wednesdays is ladies night (great deals) but I am sure it would be very crowded. It was clean which is always a plus when going to a new place. Service was great and teh food was excellent. Great portions. The prices were awesome. I had a BBQ chicken club with side salad for $11.99. Would go back the next time I am in DC

1  Thank Farmersue38

Reviewed 24 March 2012

I searched restaurant.com for places to eat in the neighborhood we were staying in and this place came up. We walked form our hotel and were a little leery when we saw the “Gentlemen’s Club” next door. It was a Sunday brunch and they had a nice menu just for that but we were in the mood for sandwiches. My fiancé had a burger and I had a Reuben. Both were generous servings that lasted us well into the evening. I wouldn’t search this place out if it hadn’t been for my discount but I am glad we went.

1  Thank Dawn M
Reviewed 28 January 2012

If you enjoy busy place - you will enjoy it. Cool crowd.

Reviewed 29 December 2011

Don't be deterred by the strip club next door, because Sign of the Whale is a great lunch spot if you don't want fast food but don't want a fancy meal. The burgers and sandwiches, especially the crab cake sandwich, are consistently good, and the service is quick and friendly. In the evenings, it becomes a raucous party spot from happy hour onward, so I'd skip dinner here unless you're looking for a party.

1  Thank samanthaonstyle
Reviewed 9 December 2008

I visit DC once a year typically. Friends brought me to "the Whale" many years ago. I keep going back. I am always impressed. Friendly service, good atmosphere and GREAT food!!!