“Soooooo Goooooood”
Review of Zaytinya

Zaytinya
Reserve with OpenTable
Zaytinya is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #11 of 3,298 Restaurants in Washington DC
Price range: US$31 - US$32
Good for: Business meetings, Bar Scene, Groups, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: Downtown / Chinatown
Cross street: G St.
Transit: Gallery Place/Chinatown station. 9 th & G St exit on the red, green and yellow lines.
Description: Zaytinya offers an innovative mezze menu inspired by Turkish, Greek and Lebanese cuisines, under the direction of renowned chef José Andrés, served up in a sleek and modern setting. Shared small plates, creative cocktails and unique Mediterranean wines make this spot one of DC’s top dining destinations.
Reviewed 2 July 2014

Best middle eastern food I tasted since thanksgiving at my Lebanese grandmother's house. What a great surprise!!! The lamb was extremely tender and wonderfully seasoned. Definitely deserves the ranking of being in the top 5 restaurants in DC

Reviewed 30 June 2014

Really good Greek / Mediterrean food is very hard to find. This place is excellent.
Diverse menu- actually need the waiter's help to order but wide selection and food is excellent.
I really like the small plates of different foods, certainly enough to share and taste. I thought it was a little strange regarding the order the foods were delivered to the table but I defer to their expertice and experience.
Very enjoyable dinner , hope to go again soon.

Reviewed 29 June 2014 via mobile

We dined there for a pre-show dinner and the food was outstanding. We took our waiter's advice about how and what to order and we were not disappointed. The wait staff was excellent and even though the restaurant is noisy, we were able to make conversation. It is casual yet very chic. We will return on our next trip to DC.

Reviewed 29 June 2014

I thought I'd love this restaurant from the moment I walked in because of its cool, sleek, modern vibe. To my surprise, the food surpassed the atmosphere.

I started off with a cocktail after asking the waitress to recommend one (Turkish Storm). Yum! Not sure it was actually all that alcohol packed, but it really tasted great.

My friend and I split six dishes:

Tabbouleh
Seared Halloumi cheese
Keftedes Kapama
Kibbeh
Octopus Santorina
Soft shelled crab (special).

The meal was kicked off with some complimentary bread which wasn't like any I have had before. It was like a very thin pita that was filled with warm air. Delish!

Each dish was beautifully presented and tasted so fresh. Bright, crisp, clean flavors.

The Tabbouleh was gorgeous. It seems like such a simple dish, but I kept going back for more. No hints of bitterness. Perfectly balanced. Outstanding.

The seared cheese was simple, but tasted amazing with the watermelon garnish.

The octopus was a standout. Perfectly fresh with a nice bite, but not chewy. A light charcoal grill taste added flavor. It was presented in a way that was very pleasant to look at so even those who might think "octopus???" might get their mind around trying it. More of a sushi style prep from a looks standpoint.

It was all just so so good. Six dishes was probably a tad more than we needed. We ate most of it, but I was super full at the end. They really are perfectly sized for two to share, but four could share and just order more dishes as well.

Really just fabulous, and I am actually craving the food as I type. Looking for an excuse to return!!

Reviewed 29 June 2014

Zaytinya is not your average Mediterranean restaurant. José Andrés has created a culinary heaven that transports you from the moment you walk in. The fresh pita bread brought to your table is so warm and delicious. The way they serve food at Zaytinya is mezze. Basically, the menu is composed of a lot of small plates, so you end up sampling a wide variety of food. I loved the Labneh, a fresh yogurt dip with olive oil and nuts. I also enjoyed the beet salad, and the crispy brussels sprouts were dynamite. For dessert, I recommend the sweet Turkish Delight. Our server, Hector, made great suggestions and took excellent care of us. We always had a fresh bowl of pita bread on our table, and our food came in a timely manner exactly how we ordered it. The wine list was from the Mediterranean, and Hector helped me choose a wine that went well with my meal. Zaytinya is one of the best restaurants in DC, so be sure to make a reservation!