“My favorite Mexican restaurant in DC”
Review of Mixtec - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Mixtec
Price range: US$7 - US$20
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 16 May 2012

This is not a Tex-Mex restaurant. It is a Mexican restaurant. It is not trendy or cute. It is bare-bones. Nothing but the most tasty, delicious home-cooked food is served here. I've eaten a wide variety off the extensive menu and never had anything that wasn't delicious. The kitchen is run by a couple of chefs who have been with the place a long time. This is not fancy food or gourmet food. It is just simply GREAT home-cooking-style food.

I particularly recommend the rancho consomme soup and the cerviche. But, as I said, everything I've ever had here has been delicious, and I've probably eaten there about 25 times over the last few years.

Reviewed 2 January 2012

Popped in for a quick lunch, we were hungry so anything would have been good. Food was solid not special. I had the beef torta which was only ok - the tortillas were better. Service was average - my wife got the wrong thing but ate it anyway.

Reviewed 26 March 2010

I love this place and am never disappointed each time I go here. Really good food, cooked well. Nice, simple atmosphere. I'd really recommend it!

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Arlington, Virginia
Reviewed 8 August 2008

ok mexican food. seems overpriced to me.

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed 27 June 2008

The most authentic Mexican food in D.C. Love the Mexican chocolate drink. Still was expecting more from the food, but it does me well when I crave Mexican food.