“Great warm breakfasts!”

Neighbourhood: Dupont Circle
Chaska, Minnesota
“Great warm breakfasts!”
Reviewed 1 March 2014

When we visit DC, we always stay at The Quincy, which is right across the street from the Corner Bakery. We always start our days here. I have a fondness for their cinnamon rolls and hot sausage; my wife loves their fruit-studded pastries.

The staff is wonderful - delightfully personable. The first time we went, they put us at ease and made the visit to a new restaurant altogether enjoyable. On return visits they made us feel like old friends, joking, smiling, having a great time.

Visited November 2013

gr
“great for any time of the day”
Reviewed 12 December 2013

The first time I went there for breakfast, which was very nice, but also is perfect for light lunch or coffee. The maple/pecan bar was excellent. Also all the paninis and the soup which is served in the bread!

• Visited December 2013
Phoenix, AZ
“Great service, tasty breakfast”
Reviewed 5 December 2013

This place is a chain, but the service was really warm and our breakfast sandwiches were delicious. I love when menus list calories and this place does. Great selection whether you're trying to watch your weight or indulging.

Visited November 2013
Iowa City, Iowa
“Yum”
Reviewed 26 October 2013

The woman at the counter called me "baby" and recommended I add the fruit cup to my breakfast order. It was delicious!

Visited October 2013
Linden, New Jersey
“Food OK, Service is Terrible”
Reviewed 17 October 2013

Not that I expect the world from a chain that's one-up from fast food, but if this place ever gets my order correct, I will eat my hat. I work down the block and quite literally every time I go in they take forever to make the order (even when they're not that busy) and totally screw it up.

So, watch what the cashier rings up. Half the time they ring the wrong item. The other half of the time it's rung up correctly and the kitchen just makes something else. It's mind boggling.

The other morning a guy had ordered a croissant toasted. He was standing there for 7 minutes waiting for them to toast a croissant. He was yelling at them asking why it was taking so long to toast bread. No one would talk to him, they just ignored him until he finally confronted the cashier and said, just give me the croissant. She argued with him that she would toast it, and he said "I've got to go, I'm late!" and left.

• Visited September 2013