“Great choice, tasty food”
Review of Pesce

Pesce
Reserve with OpenTable
Pesce is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #349 of 3,369 Restaurants in Washington DC
Price range: US$20 - US$35
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Dupont Circle
Reviewed 9 March 2014

My wife and I popped in here on our first night in Washington. It was just up the road from our hotel and we thought it looked quite nice. There was a pleasant atmosphere and we didn't have any problems choosing from the varied menu. The starters of crab cake for me and popcorn shrimp for the wife were swiftly devoured. For main course, my wife had scallops and I opted for the skate wings. I grew up eating skate but it's not something I've seen in many (any?) other restaurants and I was keen to see how it would compare to the fresh fish I'd grown up with. While it wasn't up to that standard, it far exceeded my expectations. It was perfectly cooked and the two wings made for quite a substantial meal.

The only down side was, after the meal, I ordered a whisky to finish things off. I asked for a Laphroaig as I am a big fan of Islay malts. When the whisky came, it didn't take me long to realise that wasn't what I'd been served. I took it back to the waiter who assured me that the bar tender had told him it was Laphroaig. I insisted it wasn't and was allowed to return it without any charge. The waiter later told me that they had run out but the bar tender had said "this is the next best thing." I guess the moral of this story is - you shouldn't mess with a Scottish guy's whisky. :)

Reviewed 21 November 2013

Delicious food, beautifully presented. The fish was fantastic, and the beet and chèvre salad was a delightful surprise. Very close to Dupont Circle, definitely recommend.

Reviewed 20 November 2013

Walked in for lunch as it looked interesting. A small fronted restaurant close to Dupont Circle. The menu was extensive and obviously changed daily, written on a board. For a light lunch mussels, sardines and grilled calamari. All the food was excellent and no intimidating huge portions. The bread was fresh cooked and excellent and a request for more was no trouble. A glass of wine from an extensive choice washed the meal down.
Good service from a pleasant but not 'in your face' waiter. Not cheap but worth the cost for excellent ffod well cooked and presented.

Reviewed 27 October 2013

Had been to Pesce just after it opened years ago and just recently had the chance to return. The food was excellent and each dish prepared perfectly. Their fish and seafood was amazing. Will go again next time in DC.

Reviewed 23 October 2013

And definitely a place to run into VIPs. The food is delicious, and I saw a steady stream of local honchos coming and going.