We spent six nites at this hampton in june for a family vacation. From the moment we walked in the people were very friendly and helpful..It was our first vacation to a big city and i was pleased with our choice for it met our needs. the hotel people were very friendly especially the private car drivers. We had not used public transportation before (sorry in texas we drive everywhere!!) so the metro, taxis were new to us. One of the drivers used to drive for pres clinton and he was the best!! The rate was the same as the taxi and felt so special with our own driver. the metro stops are very close and so is union station. We ended up walking almost everywhere for it was a nice walk and felt very safe. I was surprized that it was so easy to find the museums etc. The hotel is in a good location and centrally located to most sites. The safeway is great and so nearby.. we purchased some deli chicken one nite and drinks etc. (dont forget to get the safeway discount card) There is also a subway sandwich place nearby which helped save money also. We really enjoyed dc and the hotel made it even better. the breakfast was very good and they changed out the main breakfast meats each day and the ladies worked hard to restock and keep the area clean.. the snacks in the afternoon was very good tooand a nice extra bonus... Hot cookies and lemonade on weekdays..The pool is my only complaint for it was very small and always crowded with rude kids. The kids just took over the pool and it was also very hot in there. this hotel had a higher rate than other hamptons we have stayed but it was still cheaper than the others in this area. this vacation will always be one of our favorites and the hampton helped make it so.. i cant wait to return one day and would stay here again!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This 13 story hotel offers 228 rooms/suites complemented by public facilities which include a newly renovated lobby and breakfast area, a new bar, as well as a business center, guest laundry facility, suite shop, fitness center, meeting rooms, indoor pool with spa and valet parking garage. Each guestroom is finely appointed in a contemporary design with upscale touches. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Priceline, Hilton Hotels Direct, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Hampton Inn Washington, DC - Convention Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hampton Inn Washington, Dc Hotel Washington Dc
- Washington Dc Hampton Inn