Overall we had a good stay here, and the room was clean and functional (which is the main requirement). Rooms are typical of Hampton Inn, which for us is pretty good, clean and updated and a large bathroom. And the breakfast was standard for a Hampton Inn, nothing great but definitely does the job for a free breakfast (especially with the fresh waffles).
Overall the staff were very nice and helpful where they could be, especially the valet who would get and park our car. Don't know his name, but he was very responsive and we had no issues getting our car when we needed it (which is good because the parking fees are expensive).
Location is pretty good, we walked to the mall to visit some of the museums, it is a decent walk but very doable. My wife is recovering from a medical issue from our last vacation and could not do this walk on her own, but in a wheel chair it was fine. Some days we took taxis to further away destinations, but keep in mind they were not always easy to locate at the hotel. The hotel is near china town and there are a lot of restaurants in walking distance, which was a plus.
Couple of negatives to highlight. There are only two elevators and we always had to wait a long time for one, and coming down from our room on the 11th floor was a lengthy process as it always stopped on several floors. Breakfast area can get very crowded at peak time and they could use more space. Air conditioning system is very loud in the rooms. Pool is very small and get very crowded at certain points of the day, but my kids still enjoyed it. Staff wasn't always as responsive as they usually are at a Hampton Inn, e.g., our room wasn't ready so we left our luggage with the desk. Later when it was ready they said they would bring it up. Couple of hours later I went downstairs and no one knew what I was talking about so they sent me into the storage room to get it myself. Another example, my wife ordered room service but she had to go down stairs and get it. And on the room service, the food is expensive of course and it was really bad. We didn't expect much to begin with but it didn't even meet those expectations, so I don't suggest getting it.
Overall I would have given 3.5 stars but that is not an option, and since the room was clean and functional, and overall our stay was good, I gave them 4 stars. I do think the staff tries very hard and they are as polite and helpful as they are at other Hampton Inn's, but I think they are a bit understaffed at this hotel during peak season, just something to keep in mind.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This 13 story hotel offers 228 rooms/suites complemented by public facilities which include a newly renovated lobby and breakfast area, a new bar, as well as a business center, guest laundry facility, suite shop, fitness center, meeting rooms, indoor pool with spa and valet parking garage. Each guestroom is finely appointed in a contemporary design with upscale touches. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), Priceline, Hilton Hotels Direct, Odigeo, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Hampton Inn Washington, DC - Convention Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hampton Inn Washington, Dc Hotel Washington Dc
- Washington Dc Hampton Inn