My husband and I booked this hotel for a weekend getaway to celebrate my birthday. We found a great deal through Groupon and because the reviews were so positive we decided to book. We arrived close to noon on Saturday wanting to check our bags so we could go sightsee until our room was ready. Surprisingly we were able to check in and get into our room early which was so appreciated. The room was very nice and updated. The bathroom was large and spacious. There are amenities in the room including a coffee maker, hair dryer, fridge and microwave. The bed was very comfortable. We were on the 8th floor away from the construction so noise was not an issue for us. They do provide earplugs if it does become a problem which I appreciated that small touch.
The lobby of the hotel is nice as it has ample seating and 24 hour a day coffee, tea, and cocoa. There is also a bar and restaurant which we did not go to. All of the staff we encountered were friendly and helpful.
The location is great as it's 3 blocks from Gallery Place metro station, the Verizon center, shops and restaurants. It is about a 10 minute walk to the Newseum and Art Gallery.
My only minor complaints from this trip were the TV which seemed to be satellite as reception went in and out frequently. The other minor complaint was the free breakfast. Sunday morning was very crowded and the selection of food was just sub par. But I still appreciate the fact that breakfast was included as it kept my husband and I from having to spend more money somewhere else.
In conclusion this hotel was wonderful. I would definitely recommend it for families, couples, or individuals on business! I did not review the pool area as we did not use this amenity.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This 13 story hotel offers 228 rooms/suites complemented by public facilities which include a newly renovated lobby and breakfast area, a new bar, as well as a business center, guest laundry facility, suite shop, fitness center, meeting rooms, indoor pool with spa and valet parking garage. Each guestroom is finely appointed in a contemporary design with upscale touches. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Ebookers, Hotels.com, Hilton Hotels Direct, Travel Republic (UK), Priceline, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Hampton Inn Washington, DC - Convention Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hampton Inn Washington, Dc Hotel Washington Dc
- Washington Dc Hampton Inn