“Good Location Decent Price”

Residence Inn Washington, DC/Capitol
Ranked #58 of 140 Hotels in Washington DC
“Good Location Decent Price”
Reviewed 15 May 2012

I stayed at the Residence Inn for 2 nights 5/11-5/12 with my 14 yr old son mainly to do the Dc tourist thing.I'll agree with most posters that the location is above average being close to the metro.I know my way around the Mall and museum scene pretty well and have a pretty good grasp of the metro so we zipped around quickly and efficiently and saw all we wanted in 2 days.The location is a big plus.

I was lucky as I won this hotel on Priceline for $100.That is a good price for a hotel this close to the Mall.The hotel was clean and the buffet was acceptable for a free breakfast buffet.I'm not the type to gorge before multiple hours of walking.Cereal,banana and juice and good to go.It's definitely not Bob Evans.

I would recommend this property if you're going to DC to tour the sites.Familiarize yourself with the Metro before hand and you'll be fine.Especially if you get it for $100.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank clb6110

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (188)
Nuevo, CA
Reviewed 14 May 2012

The location of the hotel is not too far from 2 Metro Stations, and is very close to the Capitol. The area is like a Ghost Town on weekends so be prepared to travel to get a nice lunch or dinner. Rooms are average for Residence Inn's. Staff was friendly. Biggest issue I encountered was that it seemed that they were not able to keep the hot foods very hot for the breakfast buffet. I had cold eggs and luke warm oatmeal.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
Salem, Virginia
Reviewed 8 May 2012

My wife and i just stayed at this marriott for a weekend getaway on may 4 thru may 6,2012.
Besides being right in walking distance of all the museums, the Washington monument, Capitol, and all the Memorials, their were nice restuarants. The motel staff were very very friendly, in fact we got there four hours before checkend time, but they let us into our room early. Our room was clean and had a very comfortable bed and a great 46 inch tv. The workout room was all new machines, and the pool and hot tub were clean and well maintained. Their free breakfast was a full breakfast bar, which saved on alot of time and money. I definetly recommend this Marriott, and will stay there again next time we are in D.C.

Room Tip: We stayed on the third floor.
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank randy s
MERRIMACK
Reviewed 26 April 2012

We booked a 2 room suite here for a long weekend trip to DC for sightseeing, museums etc. (2 couples traveling). The room was excellent for us, with separte bedrooms and a shared living/dining/kitchen area. The hotel is located in a business area, so no real restaurants close by but a quick Metro ride or taxi gets you to plenty of choices. The hotel is modern, clean and comfortable. The morning breakfast was great, although we were there on a weekend when I think every kid from the east coast was too. It was a bit crazy but I think that was just cause of the timing of our trip. The staff was helpful too. One drawback to note, if your driving into the city as we were be aware that the hotel has limited on site parking. We arrived and the garage was full! So we had to park on the street until late that night and "snuck" into a spot we found open. So it made our arrival a bit stressful. Once you do find a spot, plan to leave your car there so as not to loose the spot!

Metro station was a block away and DC's metro is very convienent to use. We took it to the National Zoo one day and to get dinner up by Chevy Chase area.

2 Thank 2tall4red
Chelmsford, Massachusetts
Reviewed 23 April 2012

We just got back from our trip to Washington DC and were very pleased with the Residence Inn. We were there for 5 nights total. Although the hotel is not cheap, it ended up being quite cost-effective for us. Many hotels have a 4 person limit per room and we've had to rent two rooms before for our family of 5. At the Residence Inn, we were able to get a one-bedroom suite that was perfect for us - a bedroom with two queen beds, pull out sofa in the living room, tvs in both rooms, plenty of towels. There was a kitchen with full fridge, microwave, stove, and dishwasher. There was no oven but we didn't end up needing it. A full hot breakfast was available every day. The food was simple but fine and we were all happy with it - make your own waffles that my kids had several times, eggs, canadian bacon, hashbrowns/home fries, various breads and muffins, fruit, cereal, oatmeal. They even had extras like strawberry topping and choc chips for the waffles, shredded cheese and scallions for the scrambled eggs, and brown sugar, walnuts, and raisins for the oatmeal. On Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday nights, they have a free dinner which we took advantage of. Not exactly gourmet food but pretty good and we were fine with it - stuffed peppers & mashed potatoes, polish sausage on rolls, and roll-ups. Salad was offered every night, plus dessert. We brought our own wine and beer to dinner. There is a Safeway close to the hotel and the hotel offers a shopping service at no charge but we wanted to go and pick out our own junk food. On Thursday night, since there was no dinner at the hotel and the kids were too tired to go out to a restaurant, my husband went to Safeway and got a prepared roast chicken, bagged salad, bread and cheese and we ate in our room. Our kids loved the pool and went almost every day. I used the fitness room twice - the treadmills have their own tv and have a jack for your earbuds so make sure and bring them. There is also a small laundrymat at the hotel with several coin-operated machines, but we didn't need them. The hotel is located just blocks from the National Mall and we walked everywhere! Even the Capitol Building area was just a 15-20 min walk away. We parked in the hotel's garage, which is expensive but I think all the hotels in the city charge for parking. Overall, we were very happy with the Residence Inn and would stay there the next time we visit the Washington DC. We were grateful that two out of three meals (on most days) were included. The people that work there are very friendly and helpful. The children enjoyed the pool and felt comfortable at the hotel. We found the hotel to be quiet and felt safe walking around the area even in the evening. And we were close to the museums and monuments!

Room Tip: We asked for a room up higher and facing the front of the building to avoid street noise and the tra...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
9 Thank VSPChelmsford
Kingston, Canada
Reviewed 21 April 2012

My husband and I just returned today from a four day vacation in Washington. What a great city! Stayed at the Residence Inn. I must say I was pleasantly surprised by this hotel. It was clean and the staff were friendly and reasonably helpful. The room was large. We had a studio suite which had a full kitchen and sitting room. We didn't really use the kitchen as we were out so much but it was nice to have the refrigerator,etc. The bed was comfy with lots of pillows. The bathroom was ok and with no shortage of towels. The a/c - heating system was noisy and we had to turn the fan off in order to sleep. It was a definite plus having the complimentary breakfast each morning. It was quite good and with more variety than I expected. The staff in the a.m. were fantastic. The complimentary dinner/social was ok (served Mon,Tues,Wed). Again more food and variety than I expected...not gourmet for sure but ok and great for families. The hotel was close to the metro which was great but had no restaurants or pubs nearby which was a definite negative. It would have been nice to have a bar in the hotel. Able to walk to most attractions. Hot tub was nice...didn't use the pool. We had an issue with the fee at the hotel. I booked on-line at the Washington.org website. I thought that I was booking directly thru the Marroitt, however apparently it was thru a third party. I was given a price when I booked and then another price from the hotel. The price from the hotel was lower. I called the hotel twice (from Canada) and was told both times that the lower price was what I would pay. Not the case. I called 'the 3rd party' and was told by them that they would call the hotel to talk with the manager to straightened the price out. When we arrived at the hotel I tried to explain the situation to the manager but felt that he totally dismissed us with very little conversation at all. He barely listened to us and walked away while I was talking to him. Not a very nice welcome to the hotel. When I mentioned Marriott rewards he waved his hand and mumbled something about "no Marriott rewards with this type of booking.". Not sure what that was all about. Despite the unpleasant experience that we had with the manager we enjoyed the hotel, however I'm not sure that I would stay there again because of that!

Trumbull, Connecticut
Reviewed 17 April 2012

This hotel had a nice room. Very big. Very clean. Separate bedroom. Kitchen. Great location. Walked to monuments, Capitol, White House. It was great.

3 Thank jpmjc