Residence Inn Washington, DC/Capitol
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Pool
Capitol Skyline Hotel(Washington DC)
  • Breakfast included
Capitol Hill Hotel(Washington DC)
  • Restaurant
1,094 results
All reviewspizza place next doorfederal centermon wedbedroom suitemetro stationtrain noisewithin walking distancesmithsonian museumsfull kitchenbusiness districtfree breakfastyogurtair and space museumpool and hot tubfew blockssofa bedminute walk
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 5 January 2014

The Residence Inn was fantastic for our family. We had a one bedroom unit with a nice view on the 6th floor. The suite was clean and had a kitchen with all of the necessary utensils. Complimentary hot breakfast and a light dinner were served daily, which was wonderful for us! The hotel was only a block from the Metro and within walking distance to Botanical Gardens and Native American Museum. The staff was polite and very helpful. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone that wants to visit D.C. and we hope to visit again!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Travelingteacher407
Reviewed 4 January 2014

Stayed here for a night on a family trip to Washington just after Christmas. I was impressed by the affordability of our two bedroom suite. The facility has a pool and hot-tub which we did not use, as many of the downtown museums and memorials are within walking distance for lots of sightseeing opportunities. A good jumping off point for sightseeing, it's just a few blocks south of the Air and Space Museum. The rooms were clean, spacious, and comfortable. The full breakfast was good, lots of hot food options and very filling! There are a few minor drawbacks: no bar (although the on-site convenience store offers a selection of wine and beer), no on-site restaurant (there are a few options in walking distance, we got take-out pizza from a place right next to the hotel), and parking. If you are driving, be prepared to make alternate arrangements for parking as their garage is small, expensive, and fills quickly. That said, I did get a spot onsite. This would be a great spot for a multi-day stay. Staff very friendly, overall a very good experience. I would stay there again!

Room Tip: We choose a suite with two bedrooms with two bathrooms. Great for our family, we put our two boys (11 & 6) in one room and my wife and I took the other. I appreciated having a kitchen and living room space. Really great for a family trip. There is a RR track that runs behind the hotel, not busy but in use commercially. It did not bother us at all, but if you are a light sleeper, you might want to get a room towards the south (street side) of the hotel.
1  Thank DWeber_13
Reviewed 4 January 2014

I loved the hotel, it was clean and had everything I need. I felt like it was my little own apartment, plus it was very affordable.Kitchen, stove, Fridge, you name it they had it available. I definately recommend this hotel, especially for families! The best part is not over, the concierge, Sean, was very knowledgable. He was on the "T", even with the weather! He told us that it was going to rain in the morning so that we should start our trip at the botanical garden, then to cross over to the Indian American museum because by 3 O'Clock the rain would have stopped and therefore, we could go the zoo light show. Well, for sure it stopped raining at approximately 3 O'Clock, I was shocked!

1  Thank Monik J
Reviewed 31 December 2013

I stayed here over Christmas and I must say that it was amazing. Besides how affordable the room was the hotel employees were extremely knowledgeable and helpful regardless of the situation/question. It was extremely clean, comfortable, and felt like home which was perfect for celebrating Christmas in the city. The hotel is near train tracks, but it was never bothersome at night. It is so close to the National Mall it makes walking there quite reasonable even though the metro is about two blocks away from the hotel. The only downside was the lack of variety for the breakfast buffet, but it was nice to have the option of yogurt, eggs, or even waffles. Without a doubt I would stay here even for Christmas again. It was one of the best hotel experiences I've had and will recommend it to anyone staying in D.C.

Reviewed 16 December 2013

This was one of the four hotels I stayed in during my family tour of the states. It was the one that gave me the best experience. We had a 2 Bedroom suite and the suite was like a home away from home. On arrival, the staff at the reception gave us and introduction of the facilities and the concierge gave us a brief overview of DC. The rooms were clean and the place was neat and spacious. There was complimentary breakfast which was a buffet with a very good spread. The servers were very friendly and efficient. To our surprise, we were treated with evening gathering event where a good meal was also served. My entire family did not even need to get dinner after that.

There was a self laundry within the building and you could get coin change and detergent from the reception at a very reasonable price. The washers and dryers were well maintained. There was also an indoor pool and gym.

Location wise,we chose the Capitol RI Marriott because we wanted to visit the sites at the Mall. Smithsonians are just a couple of blocks away. We also walked to the Union Station for our night trolley tours.

For those using the subway,Federal Center's Subway entrance is just a block or two away. This provides access to other parts of DC.

Our cab fee from Union station was about US$10/=. To DCA, the in-house SUV took us to the airport for about $30/=. Could have been cheaper with a Cab, but our party of 5 decided to use the in-house vehicle for the sake of convenience.

In essence, the staff were courteous and helpful, the meals were extremely good and the facilities were of an excellent standard. Location was just a stone's throw from the Washiington DC monuments and the Smithsonian Museums.