“Great!”

Ranked #60 of 141 Hotels in Washington DC
Waldorf, Maryland
“Great!”
Reviewed 26 March 2014

The hotel was clean, the employees were very nice/helpful, the rooms were perfect for the over night stay. The breakfast in the morning was also very nice and they make you feel welcome. Will stay again and recommend this hotel in the local area for Spring break and for traveling into the DC area.

1 Thank Sun6869

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (193)
Rice Lake, Wisconsin
Reviewed 25 March 2014

We picked this hotel because of its location to the metro and the mall museums. It was a wonderful location and very convenient to the blue line metro and to the east end museums and capitol, quick ride to the Smithsonian stop for the other museums. The staff was by far the greatest asset, Niko at the front desk was wonderful, he helped arrange a birthday party for my son at the hotel and made him feel so special. All the breakfast staff were great, especially Patricia. There were lots of option each day, waffles, eggs, oatmeal, fruit and pastry selections with juice and coffee. The pool worked out well for the kids and they enjoyed it several nights. We had eight in our party so had two rooms, both the studio and the one bedroom were great with kitchenette fully stocked and a kuerig with coffee. Only draw back was the laundry which had almost every washing machine broke. Evening receptions were nice, we met a nice family from Iowa. Nice to have the elevators secured by keycards. Front desk staff arranged tickets for a night monuments tour and we were picked up right at the hotel. Overall every staff member we encountered were so nice and helpful and made our stay great, thanks!

2 Thank northernWIfamily
Florida
Reviewed 24 March 2014

I stayed at this property this past weekend while I was in D.C for a good friend's book launch party. I choose hotels I stay at based on 3 things, Location, Pool & Spa amenities, and how nice the rooms are. In that order. I chose this hotel because I wanted to stay at a property that had an indoor pool and hot tub as I knew that I was going to be touring the monuments and museums and would be sore from walking all day long. We were very upset to find that the hot tub's heater was not working. I made my displeasure known to the front desk staff and management. As annoyed as I was that the spa was not working, EVERY SINGLE staff member that I encountered and spoke with couldn't have been nicer or more apologetic. Instead of having an non caring attitude as I've experienced at other properties, this staff was golden. Down to the people who worked in housekeeping, the people that cleaned up dirty plates at breakfast, and the hotel engineer. In the face of my displeasure, I still couldn't have asked for a friendlier staff.
The rooms were very clean and very roomy!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank themuffin8r
Kansas City, MO
Reviewed 24 March 2014

First, I picked 4 stars but would pick 4.5 if I could. It was a great experience...just not FLAWLESS like I would expect a 5 star experience to be.

The good stuff...the location is great for tourism. A short walk to the Capitol, Air & Space Museum and other sights on that end of the Mall. There is a Metro stop about 2 blocks away whichs makes the rest of the city convenient as well. The area is safe and clean and we were very comfortable staying there. There are a few small eateries in the area for grabbing lunch or a quick dinner...but not a lot of other restaurants. This was fine with us as we took advantage of the free dinner at the hotel!!

The rooms are large, nicely appointed, and clean. We loved our room and used our kitchen for dinner one night with no issues. Nice to have a big fridge for snacks and such to save $$ on running out for food anytime we were hungry. We had no issues with street noise or train noise. We were on the side of the building facing NASA headquarters and it was nice and quiet. We really liked our room.

The pool was good...the kids swam every day and we enjoyed the hot tub a few times. It got crowded after dinner but mostly it was fine. My husband used the workout room once and it was good, too.

Service and little touches...every hotel employee we encountered was nice and helpful. I appreciated the fact that they offer things like free dinner M-W (and the free lunch for those of us snowed in one day) and family movie night on Fridays. I like that they go out of their way to make things comfy. Wi-Fi is free and they have coffee available all day.

Just okay...breakfast. There is a decent variety and plenty of food available. The coffee was great. The food was just fine. Not fabulous and not bad. More made-to-order would be nice(ala Embassy Suites) but it was adequate and enough to get our day off to a good start.

The hiccups...the washing machines are almost all broken while we were there, so we had a hard time doing our laundry (we planned our packing based on the fact that we would do laundry during the trip). Also our garbage disposal was broken and the sink drained slowly. We reported that on the first night and it was never fixed. Also, the parking charges are outrageous ($41+ per night). We didn't park there because of that and used ParkAtMyHouse.com to find a nearby spot for $10/night instead. I don't understand why they charge so much in DC for hotel parking!!!

I would definitely stay there again and recommend it to anyone!!

Room Tip: We had a room facing the NASA headquarters and while the view wasn't great, we had no issues wit...
Champery, Switzerland
Reviewed 23 March 2014

I spent more than a week here and I have to say, great value, perfect location (the Foggy Bottom Metro is a couple of minutes' walk away). Washington DC hotels I find to be outrageously expensive for hotels, so finding a good value like this was really welcome. They've just completed a big renovation, so we'll see what the cost of my next reservation is!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed 22 March 2014

We traveled to DC with three kids and this was a perfect spot for us. Everyday there is a warm breakfast and some weekdays there is dinner! It was a great way to start and end the day. The hotel room is spacious. The hotel staff was helpful and attentive. One day there was a snow day and all federal buildings were closed....the hotel offered lunch for us who were stuck in the hotel! What a great thing! The hotel is about three blocks from air and space museum. There are not many restaurants in the area. So you will need to eat at museums or the many food trucks. The metro stop federal sw is around the corner. Nikki, James and Torrance were very helpful. The pool is great for the kids to have some fun. It was a wonderful experience and would go back to the hotel on another visit to DC.

Newberry, South Carolina
Reviewed 19 March 2014

Ran across this hotel on the Washington DC tourism page. Called 800 number to actually speak to a person and check on "unadvertised specials". $72.00 a night for room and stayed 3 nights. Hotel very near to metro line and everyone from concierge to breakfast hostesses very helpful and very friendly. Family and I were so tired at night we didn't hear the trains. We loved the kitchenette, very nice, even had real plates, silverware, glasses, pans, full fridge and mini dishwasher. Breakfast was delicious every morning. Hotel very safe, even needed a hotel key to access elevator!
Only thing I didn't like was the $42 a night parking, but parking in DC was impossible.

2 Thank FoodieGirl81