I stayed here for one night during this past weekend.
1. Friendly front desk.
2. Nicely furnished, clean room, and nice size.
3. Good location (near many restaurants, bars, Whole foods)
1. Two phones in my room - both broken.
2. Two elevators -- one never worked (not sure if it was shut off or what), the other kept getting stuck -- with people inside! So therefore rather than risk getting stuck, as this seemed to be occurring multiple times throughout our 1 night stay, we had to walk up/down 6 flights of stairs to our floor with all of our belongings.
3. Heating in room -- we had a one bedroom which was beautifully furnished. However, the heating was terrible. It was incredibly chilly in the bedroom. We even turned the heat as high as possible in the living room, hoping it would warm up the bedroom, but this was not the case at all. Although the front desk staff was great and the room beautiful, I'm not sure if I would stay here again during winter months.
4. Valet - the valet on Saturday morning was friendly and helpful. However definitely cannot say the same about the valet on Friday night.
Last pro - the GM asked about my stay and responded very quickly to my review. This attentiveness should not go unnoticed, but unfortunately the hotel does need to make significant improvements.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Residence Inn by Marriott Washington DC/Foggy Bottom is located in the heart of the most historic neighborhood in DC. We are an upscale extended stay hotel nestled in one of the city's most sophisticated and fashionable parts of the city. Our central location is minutes from George Washington University and Hospital, Department of State, World Bank, other renowned corporations, celebrated attractions, restaurants, shopping, Georgetown and one block to the Foggy Bottom metro. Whether you're with us for a few days, a few weeks, or a few months, your daily routine matters .Our inviting gatehouse will allow you to spread out and relax after a long day. We offer complimentary Wi-Fi in all our suites and public areas at the hotel .You will never go hungry with our complimentary daily deluxe buffet breakfast and our Social Hours served in the evenings. Whether you are traveling for business or pleasure, your stay at the Residence Inn by Marriott Washington DC/Foggy Bottom will keep you well taken care of ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Marriott, Hotel.de, TripOnline SA, Travel Republic (UK), Priceline, Evoline ltd, HRS and Cancelon so you can book your Residence Inn Washington, DC/Foggy Bottom reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.