“friendly place in a good location”

Residence Inn Washington, DC/Foggy Bottom
Ranked #90 of 142 Hotels in Washington DC
Reviewed 13 June 2010

the staff were friendly and helpful, it was clean and very well located. Only slight drawback was using the sofa bed and no spare sheet, but the housekeeping staff provided us with another one. Would benefit from having cups rather than paper cups for tea/coffee - coffee was of very good quality though. Located in a nice area of town near the university, short walk to a good supermarket Trader Joes, a nice set of restaurants at Washington Harbour and close to Georgetown which has a good selection of restaurants and shops.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled with family

Reviewed 2 June 2010

Hotel is at a great location. Have to pay extra for parking, but worth it. Staff was very helpful. No breakfast, but coffee and fruit in the lobby in the AM. Suite was clean, quiet, and big enough for 4. Walked around DC. Close to the Metro. Took it to the Nationals game. Had to pay extra for the internet.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 May 2010

Stayed 3 nights (using points) at the Doubletree with our 10 year old grandson. Had a two queen bed suite on the 9th floor. Check in was fast - love those welcome chocolate chip cookies - mmmmmm. Our room was fine and other than the remote for the TV not working we had no complaints at all. We ordered room service breakfast two mornings and it arrived promptly at the time we requested. The hotel is just a few short blocks away from the Foggy Bottom Metro so we were able to easily get to all the sights. Our grandson was disappointed that the rooftop pool does not open until Memorial Day weekend.

The second night we were there we were pleasantly surprised to have a knock at our door from service delivering a plate of fresh fruit, cheeses/crackers and a bottle of Perrier water with a nice thank you note for being Diamond members.
Nice touch and nice stay.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank WIBadgergirl
Reviewed 13 April 2010

Had the pleasure of staying the night here with my service dog. I like the place and I would recommend if going to see performance at the Kennedy Center. I hope to be back and next time I should order their cannister of Doubletree Cookies.

• Stayed: March 2010
Reviewed 15 March 2010

We stayed in this Doubletree hotel a few days after one of the major snow storms hit DC this winter. I was traveling with my teen daughter and her friend on a college visit. It was centrally located and had valet parking. As a Hilton Honors member I thought it seemed like a good choice. Over all I was disappointed. After a long drive and arriving to Washington's snow filled, narrowly plowed streets, the valet was no where to be found. I had to circle repeatedly as, with the snow piles, there was no room to pull over to unload or wait. I finally dropped off the teens circled some more and finally wedged my car into a small slushy space in the median and dragged my own luggage down to the hotel. Arriving in the (tiny) lobby, wet and tired to check in and asking where the valet was, the front desk response was "he's not out there?"
I had booked a king suite with a sofa bed. The room was spacious enough for our group of three, but not very clean. The carpet needed a thorough vacuuming and it just seemed slightly worn and dusty.

Despite the front desk knowing we would be using the sofa bed (we had discussed the options of a 2 bedded room vs the king suite) there were not linens for the bed, merely a blanket and one pillow. It took three visits from housekeeping to get adequate linens to make up the king bed-which was the WORST sofa bed I have slept on in along time. Lumpy and able to feel the frame!

The only option for breakfast was room service as there is no restaurant. We decided to have breakfast in the room rather than venture out as one of the girls had an interview and we thought it would more efficient use of time. Wrong!! It took over an hour and a half to bring the food, after the order was placed and they called up to confirm (and not a hard order as all three of us got the same breakfast). It was only luke warm at best.

The internet is not free, there are two computers in the business center. One of the girls needed to print a resume, but the printer was low on toner, then wouldn't work at all. No one available to help. We ended up having to find a Kinko's to save her. (The Kinko's staff in Georgetown went above and beyond in customer satisfaction by the way!!!)

Called from the room to have car brought around for check out, and still they didn't even for it until we arrived in the lobby. They had no problems charging for that valet service though.
Over all, it added a lot of stress to a time when the teens were already feeling stressed and anxious.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled with family
3  Thank yankeemom
Reviewed 3 February 2010

I stayed a snowy two days in this hotel and had nothing but the best experiences (and the last time I stayed here). I usually don’t like being on a high floor but the hotel was sold out (always seems to be full) and I had to take a room on the 10th floor. But, when I saw the amazing views of Georgetown, the Potomac River, Watergate and the Kennedy Center I was truly blown away. I couldn’t go far due to the weather but it was still great sight seeing even staring out the window! Also, the hotel is extremely close to the metro (Foggy Bottom stop), there is absolutely NO need to rent a car in this city. I was even able to walk to many great restaurants (give Notti Bianche a shot, yummy!). The staff was friendly and rooms were clean, not much more you could ask for, especially with the exceptional rate per night.

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled on business
3  Thank cuteblklab
Reviewed 28 December 2009

While not as elegant as the (now closed) Watergate Swiss Hotel, this hotel is likewise, walking distance to Kennedy Center. A good place to stay when seeing a show.

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled on business