Marriott Marquis Washington, DC
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
The Henley Park Hotel(Washington DC)
  • Pool
  • Room Service
Grand Hyatt Washington(Washington DC)
  • Breakfast included
Pod DC Hotel(Washington DC)
  • Pool
1,852 results
All reviewsconvention centerm clubhigh velocityanthem restaurantatrium viewthe concierge loungeroom servicelobby barbeautiful hotelhuge hotelplatinum memberattending a conferenceconference hotelfree weightsbeautiful lobbyrooms are nicenational mall
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 18 June 2014

Nice, clean, quiet place to stay. Excellent service. Great restaurants. Easy walking distance to plenty of good eats. This hotel is typical of the upscale Marriotts. Much nicer than many of the older DC hotels.

1  Thank KB161
Lauren M, Front Office Voyager at Marriott Marquis Washington, DC, responded to this reviewResponded 21 July 2014

Hello K B,
We are pleased to see you enjoyed your stay here at The Marriott Marquis, in Washington D.C.! As you shared, our property certainly is located in a central location, within a walkable distance to many restaurants and other attractions. Thank you again for choosing to stay with us, we hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 17 June 2014

No better place to stay if you are attending an event at the Walter Washington Convention Center--the underground passage keeps you out of the elements and gets you there in less than a minute. The atrium lobby, with its towering steel sculpture sculpture and gleaming white marble floors, with a subtle black design, manages to be chic and elegant as well as warm and welcoming. Great lobby bar and lounge area with a fabulous fire place and big screen TV and truly comfortable seating. The modern yet comfortable decor is carried out in the rooms as well, with unusually thoughtful lighting and one of the best shower 'stalls' I've ever seen--roomy with perfectly placed towel bars and non-slip floor that's beautiful and rich. For such a thoughtfully-considered ad sophisticated atmosphere, I was surprised, however that while there is coffee in the room, the fridge was bare, and, as of June 2014 there was no room service offered, my only minor disappointment. I would definitely return.

Reviewed 17 June 2014

Just stayed here a few days after opening. Very impressed with the friendliness of the staff, quick check-in, and very comfortable beds. Great walk-in shower.The food in the High Velocity Bar was standard bar grub but very good. As with any new hotel, a few bugs to be worked out but a lovely hotel with a lobby that has a Vegas vibe in D.C.! Will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Lauren M, Front Office Voyager at Marriott Marquis Washington, DC, responded to this reviewResponded 20 July 2014

Hello Deborah G!
Thank you for taking the time to discuss your hotel stay with us! We love to hear feedback from our valued guests, and continually strive to maintain and improve our service. High Velocity certainly is a great upscale sports bar. We hope to see you again soon! During your next visit you may want to try our outdoor seating at The Dignitary, in the evening!

Reviewed 17 June 2014

This hotel recently opened on May 1, and had their grand opening the night before I checked in. I was attending a conference that was located at the hotel, so the convenience was great. The building has some structural drawbacks, in that the design creates a low din of noise in the lobby area (where you have a 15 story atrium) and in the conference rooms which case a lot of distraction and make conversation difficult. The rooms were basically nice Marriott rooms, but the fit and finish of the rooms lacked a bit. While the shower enclosure had a nice glass wall, it leaked severely so that when you stepped out of the shower the floor was soaking wet. The toilet paper holder was installed upside down and broke the first day of my stay. It was obvious that many punch-list type completion items were still being addressed, due to several visits from engineers checking on various components and the work crews on my room floor. It seemed to me that the elevator banks had been poorly located, and getting to the conference room floors was far more inconvenient that it should have been. I did not get a chance to try any of the hotel's restaurant, but the conference lunch (catered by the hotel) was one of the most inedible lunches I have experienced at such events. Other than the constant din of echoes in the lobby, I expect all of the punch-list items will be addressed and the hotel could become a great place to stay. I would give it a few months before trying it.

Room Tip: My 15th floor room was quiet, but not convenient to the elevators.
2  Thank Tallahassee-Bob
Reviewed 16 June 2014

Let me start off by saying that overall, staff were very helpful and nice and that the hotel itself was quite impressive. Unfortunately there were some items that made mine and my boss' stay not so great. My TV didn't work, but a nice technician came in and troubleshot the issue and figured it out in about 15 minutes, he was great to work with. No big deal at all.

However, at 10:30 P.M. when I am trying to sleep I keep hearing slamming noises and loud talking, I put up with it for some time, but I just could not get to sleep. I had a meeting in the morning so this was pretty detrimental. This occurred until past midnight and by that point I had called the front desk multiple times after discovering that their cleaning crew was working (extremely loudly) to get rooms ready for a busy next day. It honestly took too long for them to quiet down and the lack of common sense and consideration by the cleaning staff was incredible. Cleaning at that hour is a bad idea for the guests who have already paid to stay.

My boss went through four (4) rooms before he got one where the AC worked properly, the room was clean, and the TV worked at the same time. The manager gave us access to the "M" club at the top of the hotel for the trouble. The M club was very nice and it provides an awesome place to hang out both inside and outside at night (great view of downtown), it was also great for breakfast.

The room itself was very nice and had everything I needed to do some work or relax. Again, the room itself had an awesome view and loved the large windows with motorized screens.

I think after time, this will be a prime place to stay in D.C., but management needs to tighten the ship on some items to really make me ever want to stay here again. Overall, not a bad place though.