“Read first the comments, I wont stay their again.”

Marriott Marquis Washington, DC
Ranked #58 of 140 Hotels in Washington DC
“Read first the comments, I wont stay their again.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2014 via mobile

Gorgeous hotel in an area that really needs it, but I won't be staying again. Why? There was no cell service in my room, and their was no shuttle service from airport to hotel so need to do take train service at airport but there was taxi service did not want to take a chance that it was going to be expensive.
When I got to the hotel when I ask for the Internet service they said there was a fee !! What u said !!! Its not complimentary with the stay. Very disappointed. If I know this ahead of time I would choose a different hotel. And even the cheap hotel gives you that option with your stay. I don't think I would stay their again so people read first before you book with this hotel.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank T D
Lauren M, Front Office Voyager at Marriott Marquis Washington, DC, responded to this review, 24 July 2014
Hello T D,
I'm sorry to hear you weren't completely satisfied with your hotel stay. To get to our property from the airport our guests may use either taxi or public transit.
We do offer WIFI complimentary for our guests in our lobby and public areas. WIFI is also available in guest rooms for an additional charge. If you would like to look into those options further, I suggest looking through our hotel information through Marriott online. If you need assitance with this, or have further questions, please feel free to reach out to me.
Lauren Murphy
Lauren.Murphy@Marriott.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (387)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Concord 440
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 July 2014

A new hotel with great amenities. Great looking inside and out, with underground access to the Convention Center. The Hotel also has several floors of Conference space. I'd recommend this for the business traveler. If you get the Club access, you will be able to have a nice breakfast, with snacks/drinks/coffee 24/7.

1 Thank Ray P
Lauren M, Front Office Voyager at Marriott Marquis Washington, DC, responded to this review, 21 July 2014
Hello Ray P!
Thank you so much for sharing how your recent stay with us went! We are honored you chose to stay with us, and are happy to see you were pleased. Hopefully we will see you again soon!
NJ
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2014 via mobile

My 12 year old niece and I just returned from a two day stay at the new Marriott and we had a wonderful time! Everyone we interacted with was so incredibly friendly and helpful. We were checked into our room before noon the day of our arrival. The front desk clerk called to make sure our room was to our liking. The Concierge pointed us in the right direction of a child friendly restaurant, the waiter at the Anthem for breakfast was wonderful, even the chef at the omelette station was personable and outgoing. The hotel itself is beautiful and though it is away from the main attractions, I found it to be in a perfect location, A few blocks away from Chinatown, and several metro spots gives you plenty of options. When we checked out today my niece said it best, "everyone has been so nice!"

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Hello Beachymarse!
What a pleasure it was to read about your recent stay with us! Our team works diligently to ensure our guests have a fantastic experience, so we were pleased to hear this review from you. Hopefully we will see you again soon!
Columbus, Ohio
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2014

Gorgeous hotel in an area that really needs it, but I won't be staying again. Why? There was no cell service in my room, draining my battery in matter or hours and making trip coordination with others a huge pain. I couldn't get texts and my battery died twice a day if I wasn't vigilant. There is a cell tower two blocks away! Room service was fairly priced but the service was poor. Condiments listed on menu were out of stock so I ate a dry quesadilla and just got a "sorry". Gym is large but amenities are low rent, nothing like a Westin. Overall disappointing given the first impression. Don't judge this sad book by it's pretty cover.

• Stayed July 2014
Mike_Horowitz, Assistant Front Office Manager at Marriott Marquis Washington, DC, responded to this review, 19 July 2014
Hi DAG1983,
I sincerely apologize for your experience at the hotel. We pride ourselves on delivering a memorable experience and this clearly did not happen. Thank you for the great feedback. I would like to find out more specific details regarding your stay so please feel free to reach out.
Take care,
michael.horowitz@marriott.com
Mercer Island, Washington
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 July 2014

I stayed at this hotel for a week in July, attending a conference at the Walter E Washington Convention Center. There are some really great things about this hotel, but for me some big negatives, both listed below. If the negatives are not important to you, it's probably a great option.

Pros
It's right across the road from the Convention Center, and is connected by an underground tunnel. I didn't find the signage very clear but once you'd made the journey once it was easy. Very convenient location in general, close to many of the main attractions.
Brand new (also a con, see below)
Staff all extremely pleasant, very well trained in making guests feel welcome
Super comfy beds
Awesome shower, i could have stayed in it for hours. The hot/cold switch was opposite the head so you could turn it on and off without getting wet
Good wifi, nice location of electric sockets
Good aircon - not super noisy and seemed good control of temp
Keurig in the room

Cons
No tub - i walked my poor legs off at the convention center and I really wanted to soak in a tub
Super small bathroom - nice but tight (and I'm from England so my standards are low!)
Note no swimming pool either, or hot tub :(
All sorts of check in/reservation issues - despite having a print out email saying Welcome with correct dates, they did not seem to have the same info in their system. Took FOREVER to sort out, but they did upgrade me to a Concierge level room which I think is a big benefit, see later. After that they had me checking out two days prior, so I had to check out and change room 5 days into the stay. I think there are still some teething problem with the back end data system! S
Food at the hotel is kind of poor - limited choices incl room service. Room service is a bit odd, you order and either pick up yourself from the restaurant (which you can't do after midnight) or they deliver to your room but either way in a plastic clamshell with plastic cutlery and in a carry out bag
Very new - I am sensitive to chemicals and MASSIVE off gassing still going on. Room smelt strongly of paint, corridors of new carpet. I am a sensitive soul but it gave me a headache
Cold water in the faucet never really ran cold, and because of that I didn't fancy making coffee with it
Poor housekeeping - despite the fact that the room was new, all the mirrored surfaces had smears on them, noticed on glass pictures in the hallways too. Hair on the floor in the closet. Did not replenish shampoo/conditioner for days in a row, we had to call and have someone bring up. Did not empty all the trash cans daily
This is a BIG hotel, my room happened to be the furthest possible distance from the elevator, quite a hike

A quick word on the M Lounge - available at the higher tier of the Marriott Rewards program, and on certain floors for an extra fee. A great buffet breakfast, afternoon snacks and desserts, and coffee/tea soft drinks were available. 24 hours which was great as my husband was working half the night on slides. Very pleasant room with outdoor seating area. Note you can also take in a guest so I had several business breakfast meetings there.

So overall, I was fine staying for the week but given some of the cons personally I do not think I'll be back

1 Thank Carolyn4421
Hi Carolyn4421,
Thank you for the helpful feedback. While I was happy to see that you enjoyed some aspects of our hotel, I was disappointed to read about the drawbacks you experienced during your stay. Although we are a new hotel, we have not been "gassing" rooms or using chemicals other than to clean the guest rooms. We do at times have engineering/maintainence issues that come up, however we do our best to block these rooms so that there is no guest impact. Please feel free to reach out to me as I would like to gather more information so that we can use this feedback as a training opportunity for the team.
michael.horowitz@marriott.com
New York City, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 July 2014 via mobile

Brand new and massive with many wonderful touches, nice staff, and very clean. But there is something a little too new and modern for me compared to the more historic feel of most of DC. If you like modern then this is well done with a huge atrium and bar that was still crowded after midnight. Good value and good location so very good overall!

Stayed July 2014
Hi NYCityCountryMouse,
Thank you for the great review! We are indeed very new, beautiful and modern, but we also offer the friendly, welcoming, boutique hotel charm too! I hope to see you again soon.
Seattle, Washington
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2014

I was impressed by the friendly greetings the cleaning staff offered every time I walked by, the rooms were cleaned well, and the bell staff was very accommodating.

That being said, the rooms were just average for the price and the room service should be avoided. Room service consists of plastic bags of food delivered to your room in little plastic containers. Being here on business and working late, I was hoping that they would have a decent room service menu so that I could work through dinner.

Overall, I'd rate the experience as "fair".

Hello Chad_c1,
I was thrilled to read about your pleasant experience with our staff! However, I am sorry to read that you were not completely satisfied with your room service order.
Due to feedback we have received from our guests, that typical room service takes too long, is an invasion of privacy, and is too pricey; we have established a new service for our guests, titled Dining Your Way. Dining Your Way is a program which delivers fresh meals to our guests, in a quick manner, packed conveniently for our busy guests, while still available at a fair price.
We sincerely hope you choose to stay with us again, and if so- please feel free to reach out to me so I can insure you have an excellent experience.
Thank you!