“Expected More”

Marriott Marquis Washington, DC
Ranked #60 of 141 Hotels in Washington DC
Reviewed 26 July 2014

For a brand new hotel I expected more. The noise level in your room was unbelievably loud. I had a room on the 8th floor, atrium view and you could hear screaming and the music all night long.

Cell service was horrible inside the room. When you get a call thru don't move or it will drop. I was with a large group and they all had the same problem.

The location of this hotel is excellent but the noise level and cell service would definitely make me think about staying there again.

Room Tip: I stayed on the 8th floor, room 8-003 which was a handicapped room. I specifically asked for a quie...
1  Thank nan7847
Lauren M, Front Office Voyager at Marriott Marquis Washington, DC, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2014

Hello Nan7847,
We are so glad you enjoyed the location of our property! However, I'm sorry to hear that you weren't completely satisfied with your recent stay, and with your cellular connection in particular.
Currently AT&T is the only provider with the rights to have cellular towers in the area. We have been working diligently with AT&T and other providers to ensure that our guests will have a superb cell connection in the future. We hope to see you again soon, and thank you again for sharing your thoughts!
Take Care,

There are newer reviews for Marriott Marquis Washington, DC

Reviewed 26 July 2014

No doubt this hotel is designed with the business traveler in mind. The only challenge I experienced was the large contingent of young basketball players staying there at the same time. Nonetheless, the staff went out of their way to accommodate any requests and offer assistance. Also, the restaurant's food was very good and the service exceptional.

Room Tip: If you want a more quiet setting choose a room that faces externally.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Lauren M, Front Office Voyager at Marriott Marquis Washington, DC, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2014

Hello TravelMack425,
Thank you for taking the time to share how your recent stay with us went. We are so pleased to hear you enjoyed your experience! Our staff works diligently to ensure our guests' needs are met. We hope to see you again in the near future!

Reviewed 26 July 2014 via mobile

Nice new flagship hotel in a very central location with very friendly staff. Has all the amenities one would expect, and a very nice Elite Rewards lounge with a rooftop deck. The check in counters are a bit confusing in that there is no real way to form a line. Also, the room I had, 8116, needed a little TLC. Some small stains on the carpet and significant fraying - not something one would expect from such a new facility. The windows also needed cleaning...from the inside. These issues aside, Marriott will do well with this property and I would highly recommend a stay here.

Stayed: July 2014

Hello PSU1995.
Thank you for taking the time to share how your recent stay with us went! I was so glad to hear about your pleasant experience with our team. However, I am sorry to hear about the aspects of the carpet you have shared. We sincerely appreciate this feedback, and I will look into this situation immediately. Please feel free to email me if you would like to speak further about this.
Take care,

Reviewed 25 July 2014

Stayed at Marquis for July 4th 2014, and could not imagine a better combination of value and location. We walked from Union Station (maybe 10-12 blocks) to the hotel upon arrival, and down to the National Mall for the festivities (maybe 8 blocks), passing by plenty of great restaurants along the way. Of course, the convention center is right next door, so this is a winner for conference-goers. The hotel restaurants are pricey but convenient if you don't want to leave the property, as is the hotel bar with a beautiful open design and massive sculpture in the center. This place is worth checking out.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Hello Gastrocurious,
What a pleasure it was to read about your recent stay! Our team strives to provide a brilliant experience for all of guests. We agree that our hotel is in a convenient central location, so we are glad you were able to wander around the city. Thank you for the positive feedback, we love to hear from our guests!
Take care!

Reviewed 25 July 2014

For a Marriott, I was pleasantly surprised. I came for a large conference in town. This is a brand new hotel. The service is great. In the end, you know you're still staying at a Marriott. For instance, no spa services, no slippers for the room, no room service. They deliver food you order from the restaurant but they don't bring it on a table, just in a plastic bag, which is fine with me because they don't charge a room service fee.

The shower pressure is great and everything is just clean. I'd stay hear again.

Hello Dave K,
Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience with us! We were so glad to hear you enjoyed your stay.
Due to feedback we have received from our guests, that typical room service takes too long, is an invasion of privacy, and is too pricey; we have established a new service for our guests, titled Dining Your Way. Dining Your Way is a program which delivers fresh meals to our guests, in a quick manner, packed conveniently for our busy guests, while still available at a fair price. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 25 July 2014

Great location next to the Washington DC convention center. Large, open lobby, friendly and efficient reception. I was quite surprise, though, when none of the hotel staff bothered to ask if I need assistance with my bags. Not that I did, but usually the staff in places like this are fawning over you....not a peep, just glances from staff members.
I liked the room, it was new, with a comfortable bed and a nice sitting chair. Big flat screen TV with plenty of channels and not old old annoying Marriott welcome screen. What I really liked were the numerous USB ports next to electrical outlets and even bedside.
Valet parking is a bit pricey, but all parking in DC is expensive.
I would recommend this property. Very clean.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Lauren M, Front Office Voyager at Marriott Marquis Washington, DC, responded to this reviewResponded 26 July 2014

Hello TheMulv,
What a pleasure it was to read about your recent stay! We designed our guest rooms with our guests' in mind, so we are very happy to see that you enjoyed all of the additions we have installed. I'm very sorry to hear that you were dissapointed with your lack of bag assistance. I will be sure to speak to our team about this, and use this as a learning opportunity. Thank you again for choosing to stay with us, we hope to see you again soon!
Take Care,

Reviewed 25 July 2014

I spent a week at this hotel while attending a meeting held in the hotel. It is so new that they were still adding some finishing touches to some of the rooms. However, it is located across the street from the DC Convention center and close to many of the DC attractions. There is a very spacious and attractive lobby that spans the entrance to the hotel. The fitness center was excellent, two floors with abundant cardio, machines and free weights. We had many meals during the course of the meeting and many of my colleagues commented on how good the food was. The meeting space is on the lower floors of the hotel and easy to get to and well laid out. The only minor problem during the stay was no hot water my first morning. However, once I informed the hotel it was quickly fixed. I would definitely recommend the property to those travelling to DC, especially if you will be attending meetings at the Convention center.

Room Tip: Some of the rooms face out into the lobby, this means less privacy but less street noise.

Hi NCSoccerDad,
Thank you for taking the time to share how your recent experience with us went! We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay, and have so many great positives to share with us. I agree that our fitness center is a great addition to our property, spanning a total of 8,000 sq feet!
I'm sorry to hear about your water heating issue, but I am glad to see this was remedied to your liking. If you would like to talk to me more, please feel free to email me. Otherwise, we hope to see you again soon!
Take Care!