“Meeting Madness”

Ranked #61 of 140 Hotels in Washington DC
Pennsylvania
“Meeting Madness”
Reviewed 17 August 2014 via mobile

I attended a great company meeting here, and found the venue to be quite nice. The staff were friendly and the layout worked well for what we were doing. Depending on the breakout activities we sometimes found ourselves in the conveniently attached convention center next door. Overall, I would recommend this hotel for it's cleanliness, location and staff.

Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
Lauren M, Front Office Voyager at Marriott Marquis Washington, DC, responded to this review, 19 August 2014
Hello Rob K,
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us! We certainly are a convenient option for our convention guests, and we are appreciative you chose to stay at the Marriott Marquis Washington DC. Once again, thank you for your review- we hope to see you again soon!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (397)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Virginia, United States
Reviewed 16 August 2014

First, despite what others have indicated, our service was awesome! Probably some of the best we've had in Marriott brands. Valet, front desk, housekeeping, and restaurant staff were all very pleasant, prompt, and friendly.

I love the contemporary modern decor and found several little things were well chosen additions like, lamps with 2 USB & 2 electric outlets on base, additional outlets/USB at desk, LED reading lights on headboard, huge shower, and closet with shelves. The power sources were much appreciated traveling with 2 teen boys with numerous electronic devices! Considering today's technological electronic world I am not happy about paying for WiFi at a hotel though.

We had room service that was priced like most places, delivery was exceptionally fast, food quality/taste good, and it was packaged like a take out order which we found very convenient.
There is an American diner style restaurant in lobby with a nice breakfast buffet, a little over priced but large variety to choose from. Lunch in same diner was way too expensive although it was very good.

I chose this hotel because it was across the street from the convention center which can be accessed underground from the hotel.

My only negative comment is parking! We live within easy driving distance which is actually a disadvantage here. Parking is valet only, limited, and extremely expensive!! (almost $100 for 2 nights). That's too high even for DC!

Would stay here again.

Room Tip: We had a King room with city view on a high floor near the elevators. Noise from inside and out was...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Hello Debi R,
What a pleasure it was to read about your recent stay with us! Our property was designed with our guests needs in mind, so we are thrilled you appreciated the layout of the guest rooms. Our Dining Your Way option was desinged in response to our guests concerns that traditional room service was too pricey, inconvenient, and took too much time. Dining Your Way alleviated these issues to provide our guests with fresh food, in a quick manner, while at a reasonable price with no delivery fees.
We hope to see you again soon!
Atlanta, GA
Reviewed 14 August 2014

This is a fairly new hotel and it has a futuristic quality. I stayed during a large international IT conference that was going on at the DC convention center. This hotel "fit" perfectly with that event. Everything is new and modern.

I had a great view from a high floor and my room was very comfortable (modern though not elegant). Very nice bathroom and shower.

The hotel is very large and the hallways are so long that you may find yourself with a long walk from the elevators, depending on your room location. Impressive, modern atrium.

Nice concierge lounge. Excellent fitness center but no pool.

This is very much a business hotel; I probably wouldn't recommend it for families or for vacation travel.

I did run into a problem at check-in, when my feather-free room was not yet available at 5:30 pm. I was given a key to wait at the concierge lounge and was there for about an hour when the front desk called. This was slightly annoying but sometimes these things happen.

While this hotel is convenient to the DC convention center, it is not the best immediate area in terms of a wide selection of restaurants. However, within about 10-12 minutes walk, you can get to the area around Chinatown and Gallery Place.

Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
3 Thank ATLDawg
Lauren M, Front Office Voyager at Marriott Marquis Washington, DC, responded to this review, 18 August 2014
Hello ATLDawg,
Thank you for taking the time to review how your recent stay with us went! We certainly appreciate our convention guests, and are honored you chose to stay with us. Our property does have a modern and sleek design while stilll having a warm touch of service. We apologize that you had to wait a bit for your feather-free room, and very much appreciate your patience. Hopefully we will have the opportunity to house you again soon!
Take Care!
USA
Reviewed 14 August 2014

We choose the Marriott Marquis Hotel in Washington DC for our 4th of July vacation. Hotel is joined to the convention center and has easy access to the DC Metro and a block away from China town.

Upon check-in we were told the M Club was not open this weekend do to the 4th of July Holiday, we even received a letter in our room stating the club was closed. Since it was closed we could call down to the front desk for bottle water. Come to find out the club was open for minor things like water and soft drinks.

The hotel markets the M Club as new state of the art. The room and balcony were very nice, however the food and service was nothing special it’s just like all the other Marriott lounges.

The Room/Maid service was terrible, our room was not cleaned the day, we asked for extra towels since we had 4 people in the room, and they only provide 3 towels. I had to call the front desk or find a maid for additional towels every day.

Hallways were not very clean, food trays and trash would sit in hallways all day. Someone spilled a drink in the elevator which made it very sticky, I notified front desk and it still a mess 12 hours later.

Hotel is pretty and new however I would not stay here again.

FYI Hotel does NOT have a pool.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
5 Thank Dgfriday
Hello Dgfriday,
Thank you for choosing to celebrate your 4th of July celebration with us! We certainly value our Elite members, and were happy to extend our complimentary breakfast option during this holiday weekend. Our M Club Lounge is an exclusive lounge for our Elite members which is open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
We hope that you will choose to stay with us again! If you do choose to book another reservation, please feel free to email me so I can ensure you have a brilliant stay.
Take Care,
Lauren Murphy
Lauren.Murphy@Marriott.com
Bronx, New York
Reviewed 14 August 2014

First impression is the wonderful attentive service by everyone I came across, from the reception desk, to the concierge lounge. Receptionist came out from behind the desk to greet me as I was approaching and offered assistance. Rooms are nice size, clean, bed very comfortable, adequate drawer and closet space. Bathrooms comfortable (no bathtub in my room); would have liked a shaving mirror. Lobby a bit noisy; could use more seating. Other minor criticism: no "healthy" cereal option in concierge lounge for breakfast. My ATT phone worked perfectly.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank BlackPlace
Hello BlackPlace,

Thank you for taking the time to review how your recent stay with us went! We strive to create pleasant experiences for all of our guests, and are thrilled this was the case for you. I would also like to thank you for the M Club Lounge recommendation, I will definitely forward this to our Food & Beverage team. We hope to see you again soon!
North Brunswick, New Jersey
Reviewed 14 August 2014 via mobile

This hotel is amazing. I was skeptical after reading other reviews online. I am glad I did not take heed to the advice of nay-sayers.

We arrived around 4 (check-in time is 3) for check-in, however our room wasn't ready. This was slightly inconvenient because we were tired from traveling but the reason for delay was due to the fact that we have allergies in our party so the staff was ensuring accuracy in cleaning to accommodate our families, needs. We were informed this is because when special concerns are raised a manager checks over before allowing the guest to check-in. So, thank you Marriott for going above and beyond to ensure our safety and a pleasant stay.

The hotel manager personally assured us the room would be ready soon and sent us on our way to the sports bar (in the hotel). The sports bar was immaculate. There were plenty of tvs and a menu to fit all tastes in our party.

All staff from cleaning all the way to management was exemplary. We truly did not meet a single employee that was unkind or didn't love their job or their city. Everyone was kind. Everyone went above and beyond to please their guests.

There were hiccups here and there because this is a new hotel and there is a learning curve, but overall they were nothing to post about, as all 'problems' were insignificant.

I highly recommend this hotel. It is brand new and beautiful and the staff makes it complete.

Stayed August 2014
2 Thank U3326OTmariam
Lauren M, Front Office Voyager at Marriott Marquis Washington, DC, responded to this review, 15 August 2014
Hello Maria M,
What a pleasure it was to read about your recent stay with us! The Marriott Marquis Washington DC has a strong focus on customer service, so we are very pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. We would also like to thank you for your patience, regarding the rooming situation.
It was our pleasure to have you, and we hope to see you again soon!
Take Care!
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 13 August 2014

Recently stayed at the new Marriott Marquis to attend a convention and I was thoroughly pleased with the quality of the accommodations and the level of service. The hotel is very new and had that "new hotel" aroma - fresh carpeting, paint, furnishings, etc. Staff in the reception area were very welcoming and pleasant and were at the top of their game in welcoming me and other travelers. My room was very spacious and comfortable, offering a nice view of the open atrium. While I would have preferred a view of the Mt. Vernon street side (being a Gold Rewards member), the room was very nice and comfortable.

The concierge lounge (M Club) was spectacular- good quality breakfast with a nice variety of afternoon snacks and a nice hors d'oeuvres in the evening. The lounge was spacious and comfortable, especially since I found myself there for the better part of a day doing work on an important proposal for work.

A couple of things which, I'm sure are a part of the "breaking in period"- my room was not serviced until late in the afternoon (past 3:30 pm). Could be the need to organize/schedule housekeeping more efficiently. Also had lunch at High Velocity restaurant in the hotel. The beef satay salad was just fair; beef was overcooked and dry and the some of the salad greens were not fresh. Service was also a bit on the slow side (restaurant was not full at the time).

All in all, I enjoyed my stay at the new Marriott Marquis. It's location is very convenient to the convention center, area restaurants (Chinatown, included), and the Metro. Staff are welcoming, hospitable, and pleasant. The rooms are very nice and spacious and the M Club Lounge offers a nice oasis for work, socializing, or just as a quiet spot during the day. I am definitely looking forward to visiting again!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank TMP826
Hello TMP826,
What a pleasure it was to read about your recent stay with us! Our team works diligently to ensure our guests all have a brilliant stay. I agree that the M Club Lounge is a great addition to our property, and we are thrilled you had the opportunity to visit it.
Thank you for your feedback! We are continually looking to improve our service, so we very much appreciate your comments. We look forward to seeing you again during your next stay!